Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert in the 61st minute....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Standing ovation from me and those around me in W3I last night at this. Had a great view of it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The best player in the championship.... FACT! and we get to watch him every week, simply sublime skills from the Little Magician.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The best player in the championship.... FACT! and we get to watch him every week, simply sublime skills from the Little Magician.

So, how would you rate Knockaert v Vicente?

It's a discussion I was having with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] last night (whilst enjoying the space in the Seven Stars bar).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So, how would you rate Knockaert v Vicente?

It's a discussion I was having with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] last night (whilst enjoying the space in the Seven Stars bar).

Knockaert wins. For me the same skill level but more importantly that flair has actually yielded results too. Bizarrely I think we had quite a low win ratio with Vicente. Knocky offers not just wow moments but solid tackling, tracking back and really puts a shift in to help the team out.

We are very fortunate to get to see such quality on a regular basis. In fairness to Vicente we saw him at the end of his careeer and not his peak. The same cannot be said of Knockaert, we are witnessing a player in his prime. It is quite frankly exhilarating.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I will be shocked if we managed to keep hold of him past next summer, an absolute genius with the ball at his feet.

Will he make it past January? Premier league managers, and Pardew, watching us most home games this season, he's only going to get more noticed, and valuable.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Watching Knockeart systematically embarrass every full-back in the league is worth the price of a season ticket alone.

Can you imagine being a Left-Back and knowing you've still got to go to The Amex and take on AK? I'd be bricking it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Will he make it past January? Premier league managers, and Pardew, watching us most home games this season, he's only going to get more noticed, and valuable.

He'll make it past january, it has to be a very good team to prise him away from us. He'll be in the Premier league next season either with or without us.

He is key to our promotion hopes, it would have to be an offer in excess of £30m for us to even countenance a sale.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe it's a fine line! At one point yesterday in the second half, the ball was in the air heading towards our goal with Bruno and an attacker after it. Bruno just deftly touched it first over the attacker's head and calmly came out in the other direction. Masterful.

Actually, I'd say that little episode sums Bruno up. That was a moment of sublime skill and then, seconds later, he played a sloppy pass and set up an attack for them. Sometimes, I'd prefer a little less finesse and a bit more hoofing

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Knockaert wins. For me the same skill level but more importantly that flair has actually yielded results too. Bizarrely I think we had quite a low win ratio with Vicente. Knocky offers not just wow moments but solid tackling, tracking back and really puts a shift in to help the team out.

We are very fortunate to get to see such quality on a regular basis. In fairness to Vicente we saw him at the end of his careeer and not his peak. The same cannot be said of Knockaert, we are witnessing a player in his prime. It is quite frankly exhilarating.

Agreed. Let's not forget, Knockaert is still only 24. He's still improving. He has another 4 years till he hits his peak. We have a star in the making. The only winger we've had who comes close to Knocky, is David Martot.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He is the difference between making the Premier league and not making the Premier League - therefore the fee is £100,000,000.

I am surprised there wasn't a bit more interest in him in the summer. Only rumours on a Newcastle bid if I can recall, but nothing in the prem, unlike Dunk and Stephens.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We were discussing how Knockeart was a symbol of how much the game has changed. Imagine him showboating like that against some of the left backs of the eighties and nineties, players like Julian Dicks, Pat Van Den Hauwe or Stuart Pearce. He would have been kicked four foot in air in the first half!

or even our own Hans Kraay!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pretty sure he was saying something along the lines of no need to rush when we're ahead.
Stockdale needs to learn the tactic of running to the ball when it's near the flag, so he can then walk back with it. No good having over keen ball boys rushing it back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here you go:

I worry as to how easy it would be for a manager to 'sell' Knockaert to his Chairman.

I'm adamant an offer will be tabled in January that won't be derisory, dare I say it'll even be a fair price. (I can't even begin to contemplate what that would be)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
As a winger he's a godlike footballing genius , the like of which we have not seen in the stripes before , he does however need to practice his gobbing tekkers ( see highlights )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here