Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert , ban over , should he figure on saturday poll

Should Knocky come back into the matchday squad

• Total voters

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
He's still provided the funniest moment this season when a few players had a go at him for holding on to the ball too long again. So the next time he had it, he sulkily booted it (you could see him thinking "well THAT'S what you want me to do") in to the box with his right foot and Locadia I think it was scored.

And he STILL sulked after that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
. ...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I do my best to keep the pedants happy , and this corker must be a absolute dream for you , keep em coming :O
An absolute dream Shirley?

You did say to keep them coming.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I don't know what's dumber - this thread or Knocky for missing matches against his old club and 6-pointer vs Hudds.

So dumb you voted in the poll ? timing apart ,(which is definitely:facepalm:) i think it's a very good question that will cause CH a bit of a headache , i voted yes but it wouldn't suprise me at all if he was left out of the squad completely .

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'd have March ahead of AK in every game left of the season now. I believe he showed enough in his short cameo appearance on Saturday to prove he's good enough to start for us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd have March ahead of AK in every game left of the season now. I believe he showed enough in his short cameo appearance on Saturday to prove he's good enough to start for us.
March starting every game? Not based on what I've seen from him this season. He is nowhere near the player he was last season and apart from the occasional moment like the free kick on Saturday he hasn't done much to justify a start.

I'd love to see him prove my opinion to be wrong.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
March starting every game? Not based on what I've seen from him this season. He is nowhere near the player he was last season and apart from the occasional moment like the free kick on Saturday he hasn't done much to justify a start.

I'd love to see him prove my opinion to be wrong.

I agree, his form hasn't been consistent enough this season, but it's very similar to what he was like before he adapted to the Championship standard. It took him a while to find his feet. He was very poor with his decision making, his crossing was very inaccurate and his confidence to take on his man was very low. But then, when he finally found his form, he turned into a top player at that level. I remember him coming on against Birmingham last season and completely changing the game. I've got a lot of faith in March eventually doing the same in this division. There's something about his game which at times looks like he could turn into a top player in this division.

I remember Bale had similar issues at Spurs before he suddenly found his form and rhythm. He went from looking like a rabbit in the headlights to suddenly becoming one of the best players in the world. I'm not saying March is the new Bale, but he definitely needs more game time.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
As soon as the ban is lifted, yes, yes, yes and yes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

March always does when he comes off the bench. When he starts, he doesn't produce as much.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
or people thinking that some people don't want him back?!

It's not a case of people wanting - or not wanting - him back, though, is it. It is a question of putting out the best possible team, and just at the moment it looks to me as if Izzy and Locadia are the players in possession. IMHO, Knocky will have to fight to win his place back. Of course, CH may have other ideas (or somebody could get injured or sent off against Huddersfield, forcing changes to be made for the Palarse game, which is when Knocky becomes available again).
It's bloody complicated, this having a squad instead of just a First XI..................!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So dumb you voted in the poll ? timing apart ,(which is definitely:facepalm:) i think it's a very good question that will cause CH a bit of a headache , i voted yes but it wouldn't suprise me at all if he was left out of the squad completely .

Until we are mathematically safe from relegation Hughton would have to be a complete idiot to leave a fully fit and available Knockaert out of any matchday squad.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just a reminder, folks, that if you want to avoid making an arse of yourself, bookmark NSC's very own Albion disciplinary status page - all the facts and figures that will leave you informed, up-to-date and with an absence of egg on your face. :thumbsup:

Had never seen that page before - it’s ace; the more so since you keep it up to date. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's not a case of people wanting - or not wanting - him back, though, is it. It is a question of putting out the best possible team, and just at the moment it looks to me as if Izzy and Locadia are the players in possession. IMHO, Knocky will have to fight to win his place back. Of course, CH may have other ideas (or somebody could get injured or sent off against Huddersfield, forcing changes to be made for the Palarse game, which is when Knocky becomes available again).
It's bloody complicated, this having a squad instead of just a First XI..................!

Knocky is clearly in our best team, Arsenal was only three games ago. March should have played on the right against Leicester in his absence. CH wants to get minutes into Locadia's legs though, a la Schelotto against Huddersfield away, so wouldn't be surprised to see Locadia getting the starting nod up front in a game or two

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Gone for a yes from me. Good option and potential match winner from the bench which I thought looked rather weak against Leicester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here