Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knives

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My Mrs came home with a ceramic knife a few weeks back. Looks like a toy but stone me is it sharp. Wonder how security systems will react, thinking scanners and planes.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Sabatier but you need to go to a knife retailer and handle them, its like cameras...the feel in your hand and weight is important. Any good retailer will advise you from there on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
J. A. Henckels great knives should just about fit in your budget.

Quite right.

A new year resolution is to get back into cooking and I'm going to treat myself to a new set of knives. Henckels, being Deutsch and also being endorsed by The Merry Prankster, seem the oh-so obvious choice. Can I ask, which range do you use?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bounce

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 115

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We, and several friends, have bought the Jamie Oliver set of 5 Japanese steel knives in a block. You can get them for under £100 at several places. They are well made, sharp and sharpen easily with a steel. Bread knife (best I have ever used), carving, paring and two general chef's knife and utility knife. They really are excellent but mind your fingers.

Post #6. The Jamie Oliver cookery school says any chef with more than 2 or 3 knives does not know what they are doing.
Further proof that the fat tongued Essex boy is a tool.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I purchased a good set of Vinners knives last September. Purchased them as Vinners offered a 15 year guarantee on quality.

Company went tits up in October.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
who endorses a pretty good set of knives that are still going strong.

Ahh, I did not say they were not any good, I have no idea of their quality, i just found it amusing that he endorses a set of 5 when his own cookery school says that a chef with more than 3 is clueless.
For what it is worth I dont mind Jamie (fat tongue an 'all) he is alright, no Raymond Blanc, but a very good chef.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here