Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Klopp ‘ The best football I’ve ever seen in my life “

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Too many good performances to choose from to pick a 'best' but Chelsea away has to be near if not, top simply because of the financial gulf of squad between us. We played them off the park in their own back yard compared to yesterday's hammering of a wolves team who were pathetic!

I watched on a stream our win at Goodison, we were sublime.

Their consolation goal (Sanchez :() an insult.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pah! Best football ever. There's one person who didn't watch us grab a 0-0 draw v Doncaster at Gillingham.
Christ. I took a photo of the away corner. Fewer than 50 of them. That was probably worse than the 0-4 vs Darlo.

And the kids of today?

But 0-4? We were lucky . . . .

(you can guess the rest. Septic tank, licking the road clean, etc.)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Too many good performances to choose from to pick a 'best' but Chelsea away has to be near if not, top simply because of the financial gulf of squad between us. We played them off the park in their own back yard compared to yesterday's hammering of a wolves team who were pathetic!
Personally I think our performance at Spurs was better. We were only undone by bloody VAR - otherwise we would have hammered them really.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We were GREAT, obv - and we put away most chances - but, come on, Wolves were absolute GASH.

THREE of the goals came from opponent errors. (Could have been four if Welback hadn't blasted over.)
Most of the Wolves errors were forced by our relentless pressing - They literally shit themselves.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
This is all getting a bit tiresome now, no?

Yes, we're playing some brilliant football at the moment, but the hyperbole from opposition managers is just like a band wagon they're jumping on, and one which they're likely most interested in how it reflects on them by joining it.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I don't trust these media-savvy types one little bit I'm afraid.
I mean if oppo managers want to say we're the best in the world I'm all for for it. just give us three points, thanks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know I've already posted to this effect on another thread this evening, which might make me seem a little obsessed, but he really is an odious little turd.

There’s a one off reverence/fear of the manager with the most funds who wins trophies. We saw this with Ferguson. Football writers banned from OT and their training ground. Intimidation even away from the heat of a match. All very deliberate, marginal gains, but not in the way Dave Brailsford meant.

Guardiola will be given a free ride here and elsewhere.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
There’s a one off reverence/fear of the manager with the most funds who wins trophies. We saw this with Ferguson. Football writers banned from OT and their training ground. Intimidation even away from the heat of a match. All very deliberate, marginal gains, but not in the way Dave Brailsford meant.

Guardiola will be given a free ride here and elsewhere.
Always been the way unfortunately.
A bit like WG Grace telling umpires that the crowd were there to watch him bat, and not them umpire.
Except he was right, and he never got paid a fortune to front a team supporting Anglo-Persian Oil while moaning about oppression in Catalonia.
Also he had a better beard than Guardiola.
I fear I may have lost my train of thought.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always been the way unfortunately.
A bit like WG Grace telling umpires that the crowd were there to watch him bat, and not them umpire.
Except he was right, and he never got paid a fortune to front a team supporting Anglo-Persian Oil while moaning about oppression in Catalonia.
Also he had a better beard than Guardiola.
I fear I may have lost my train of thought.

Good job he never met Shakoor Rana.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here