Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Klopp or Clown?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Very poor squad, he has to try and undo 10 or so years of transfers who are very costly and hugely overrated. I cannot remember the last signing they made that was a decent player or world class

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Very poor squad, he has to try and undo 10 or so years of transfers who are very costly and hugely overrated. I cannot remember the last signing they made that was a decent player or world class
Suarez? Though 35 million on Andy Carroll must be one of the worst deals ever in the history of the game.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm trying to think of a manager who's team has never conceded a goal from a corner :???:

Very true, and he is not blessed with the best squad.

But the fact remains he hasn't delt with their glaring weekness at corners. Of the last 13 goals they have let in, 6 have been from corners.

To put that into perspective, Over 06/07 and 07/08, under Benitez, they conceded just 6 goals from set pieces, not just corners, all season.

If he doesn't get a grip soon he will lose the goodwill he is currently afforded.

Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Very true, and he is not blessed with the best squad.

But the fact remains he hasn't delt with their glaring weekness at corners. Of the last 13 goals they have let in, 6 have been from corners.

To put that into perspective, Over 06/07 and 07/08, under Benitez, they conceded just 6 goals from set pieces, not just corners, all season.

If he doesn't get a grip soon he will lose the goodwill he is currently afforded.

If there's a Liverpool fan that judges the guy before the end of next season then they're either ignorant or they know nothing about football. Saying that, if the rumours of him giving Mignolet a new 5 year deal are true, then I do pity them as they won't have any real success with him as their goalkeeper (and I don't count the league cup as real success for them, even if they win that this year).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Klopp built his reputation by deploying a high-tempo, aggressive, pressing style to good effect. in the EPL this is normal play, the likes of Arsenal and Man City will press you and the game is generally high tempo here. so while he fits in, he isnt going to stand out until he's got a squad taking it up a level.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Klopp built his reputation by deploying a high-tempo, aggressive, pressing style to good effect. in the EPL this is normal play, the likes of Arsenal and Man City will press you and the game is generally high tempo here. so while he fits in, he isnt going to stand out until he's got a squad taking it up a level.

You know theres a difference between high tempo football, high pressing football and aggressive football right? By no means do all premiership sides play a style that ticks all 3 of those criteria...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He looked lost today. His training methods will not work with so many games and no winter break (all the muscle injuries). So . . . now what? He doesn't know. And the squad, as said by others, is not his type of player. Next season things will be different.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Suarez? Though 35 million on Andy Carroll must be one of the worst deals ever in the history of the game.

Suarez wasn't an exciting signing, when he joined Liverpool very few people expected him to produce but he became a top quality striker whilst there.

The last signing that impressed me was Torres and that was years ago

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Suarez wasn't an exciting signing, when he joined Liverpool very few people expected him to produce but he became a top quality striker whilst there.

The last signing that impressed me was Torres and that was years ago
And 50 million to Chelsea when past his best was great buisness. Most of the money was lost on Carroll though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You know theres a difference between high tempo football, high pressing football and aggressive football right? By no means do all premiership sides play a style that ticks all 3 of those criteria...

true, not saying that. im saying his style is not unusual here, something teams have to routinely deal with rather than two games a season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
And 50 million to Chelsea when past his best was great buisness. Most of the money was lost on Carroll though.

His time at Athletico Madrid was very promising, and he had a good couple of seasons with Liverpool but something changed and he's never recovered. Great business to get £50m for a player they no longer wanted

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Klopp is a good manager with an ordinary squad hit by injuries. I can see Liverpool being the busiest club in the transfer market this summer. They need 5 or 6 new first team players.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Klipperty Klopp

The Anfield Flopp

Fit to wear the Liverpool crown,

Or is he just a German clown?

He met his rival LVG

So who would win,

Let's wait and see,

United are as bad as 'pool

But Klopp turned out the biggest tool!

Fancy not playing anyone up front

You decide who's the biggest c (lown).

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Klopp is a good manager with an ordinary squad hit by injuries. I can see Liverpool being the busiest club in the transfer market this summer. They need 5 or 6 new first team players.
I'd go along with this, though I would strongly caveat it with the hope that the don't get those players and that Klopp manages to leave without damaging his reputation.

This would then remove the only reason I have to like Liverpool, allowing me to go back to just general dislike again. Marvellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here