Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kitman at Swansea.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Players are free to opt to have their shirts as fitted or as loose as they wish

Someone like Gary Cahill, I've noted, always seems to be wearing a shirt that's close fitted whereas his scummy team mate John Terry goes for the standard look.

Go back to the 1980s & they were all tighter. I suspect it's just a fashion thing just like hugely baggy sleeves were in the early 1990s.

Sooner or later Nike or someone will copyright a close fitting shirt & give it a name like SuperTech FigureSculption AeroDynamique 2.1 and the whole world- except fat people- will want them in that style.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Slightly OT but does anyone know why football shirts aren't designed in the same way as rugby shirts - ie tight fitting which makes it difficult for the opposition to grab hold of them ???

Probably to save the rest of us the experience of having to look at the majority of football supporters, who let's face it are not built like athletes (I include myself in this group), wearing skin tight nylon replica shirts! Keep em baggy I say.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Players are free to opt to have their shirts as fitted or as loose as they wish

Someone like Gary Cahill, I've noted, always seems to be wearing a shirt that's close fitted whereas his scummy team mate John Terry goes for the standard look.

Go back to the 1980s & they were all tighter. I suspect it's just a fashion thing just like hugely baggy sleeves were in the early 1990s.

Sooner or later Nike or someone will copyright a close fitting shirt & give it a name like SuperTech FigureSculption AeroDynamique 2.1 and the whole world- except fat people- will want them in that style.

Yep, back in the 80s was when close fitting tight short shorts and passing back to the goalkeeper were legal. I blame FAME the movie for this football fashion disaster especially with the headbands :lolol:

Every time I look back at old footage and see fozzie jumping to head the ball I can still hear the Fame song soundbyte.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here