Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit Symons sacked

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Steve Bruce favourite!

That's quite interesting. Steve Bruce is odds on favourite and currently sits in same position as CH ie: Top of the Championship managing another club.

That tends to suggest he has been sounded out for the job and has not dismissed it out of hand. The fact that CH is not even in the betting would suggest that he may have been sounded out for the job but totally dismissed it out of hand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another British manager bites the dust, to make way for another foreign coach. The game is going to end up dominated by foreign owners, foreign coaches and a helluva lot of moderate foreign players.
Chris Powell has just been very poorly treated at Huddersfield, where he's been replaced by a reserve team manager from Germany, with no experience. Our game is ending up in the hands of spivs and criminals, who have no idea about the history, the heritage and the spirit of our game. They have no class and no idea how to build a football club. They are dragging our game into the gutter in their self-centred craze for attention and self-gratification. They are riding roughshod over all the promising home grown British coaching talent in their desperate desire for a quick fix and an obsession with the Premier League, an organisation that has no interest in the football pyramid and the development of the game, long term.
Each season, the quality of the PL is dropping, damped down by an endless stream of average foreign players and young British managers and coaches are being given a start in the game and then cast aside after a handful of games. No chance to learn and build experience. Eventually, fewer and fewer will be tempted down this route. Why would they want to put up with this. The players are paid fortunes for failure and the manager carries the can.
In todays climate, Fergie would have gone in 2-3 months. Likewise Brian Clough. Likewise Bobby Robson. In the pursuit of greed, we are allowing the wrong people to get a grip of our game. Sadly, we are pretty powerless to do anything about it. Lets just be thankful that we support a club, with class and dignity and an owner who bleeds blue and white and has the interest of the game and the club at heart. Unfortunately, the likes of Tony Bloom and Steve Gibson are becoming the minority.

I wouldn't call the chairman of Huddersfield a spiv or a criminal. It seems quite an odd thing to say.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure you are right and he was widely reported as actively chasing the Fulham job when he fell out of love with all things Brighton.

Maybe that's why he's only agreed to work in Athens until the summer. There'll be plenty more vacancies on the managerial merry go round by then.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That's quite interesting. Steve Bruce is odds on favourite and currently sits in same position as CH ie: Top of the Championship managing another club.

That tends to suggest he has been sounded out for the job and has not dismissed it out of hand. The fact that CH is not even in the betting would suggest that he may have been sounded out for the job but totally dismissed it out of hand.

On the other hand it might suggest that someone put a tenner on Bruce to get the job and as yet no-one has put any money on CH.
It's a tiny market and one that responds to quite small bets

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I wouldn't call the chairman of Huddersfield a spiv or a criminal. It seems quite an odd thing to say.

I didn't directly call him a spiv or criminal. It was a general comment.
The players really responded to the change yesterday and the look on his face told everything. The big money in the game will continue to attract the less desirable elements of society, who only have self-interest at heart.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Another British manager bites the dust, to make way for another foreign coach. The game is going to end up dominated by foreign owners, foreign coaches and a helluva lot of moderate foreign players.
Chris Powell has just been very poorly treated at Huddersfield, where he's been replaced by a reserve team manager from Germany, with no experience. Our game is ending up in the hands of spivs and criminals, who have no idea about the history, the heritage and the spirit of our game. They have no class and no idea how to build a football club. They are dragging our game into the gutter in their self-centred craze for attention and self-gratification. They are riding roughshod over all the promising home grown British coaching talent in their desperate desire for a quick fix and an obsession with the Premier League, an organisation that has no interest in the football pyramid and the development of the game, long term.
Each season, the quality of the PL is dropping, damped down by an endless stream of average foreign players and young British managers and coaches are being given a start in the game and then cast aside after a handful of games. No chance to learn and build experience. Eventually, fewer and fewer will be tempted down this route. Why would they want to put up with this. The players are paid fortunes for failure and the manager carries the can.
In todays climate, Fergie would have gone in 2-3 months. Likewise Brian Clough. Likewise Bobby Robson. In the pursuit of greed, we are allowing the wrong people to get a grip of our game. Sadly, we are pretty powerless to do anything about it. Lets just be thankful that we support a club, with class and dignity and an owner who bleeds blue and white and has the interest of the game and the club at heart. Unfortunately, the likes of Tony Bloom and Steve Gibson are becoming the minority.

Good post. At some point the fan base will erode as the owners, managers and players have no or little connection with the UK let alone the town. Arsenal playing a fully foriegn team was a disgrace

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would think QPR seems more likely to go after and get Pearson.

Pearson comes with the baggage that his son and others racially abused a young girl in the Region where Tony Fernandez earns his income with Air Asia. That wouldn't send out a good message to his customers in that region so for that reason Pearson will struggle to get jobs.

I don't think everything about Pearson has actually broken yet and much like Malky Mackay he is still a bit of a risk to employ. And rightly so

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would they connect Nigel Pearson with his son and his misdoings I am nott sure they would. I think the decision will be made purely on football and management ability

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
As dour as he was at Villa, I'd be surprised if Paul Lambert isn't in the running for this. He had a very good time of it with a quality Championship standard squad at Norwich, and he'd be dealing with something similar here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
:lolol:

You'll have to forgive sir albion, he's not renowned as the brightest poster on this board.

FWIW I agree with you about an approach increasing CH's hand during January. It didn't look like we backed Oscar in the January of his reign and he went in the May. I'm sure we won't make that mistake again.
Approach or leave....He's not going anywhere this season.
You're not in a position to decide who's bright or not shit head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here