Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit supplier going into falmer

seagulll

Apr 27, 2010
Does anyone know who the kit sponsor is going into Falmer? When does it run out with Errea, be nice to have a sharp Addidas kit to wear going into the new stadium.
:falmer:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People talk about the big manufacturers like adidas & Nike every time this comes up, but clubs like the Albion don't get quality bespoke kits like United and Liverpool do, they choose them from the companies' bog standard catalogue, the same kits a Sunday League team could wear.

I'm not saying Errea don't do the same, but that the major manufacturers aren't all they're cracked up to be. I think Middlesbrough's kit makes them look like a pub team, Southend's too.

Puma, on the other hand, both make nice kits and are a credible brand. Adidas and Nike, at our level, don't.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I honestly couldn't give a monkies who made our kit as long as it was blue and white.

:shrug:

In answer to your question, I have no idea when Errea's deal lapses and from what I've read on NSC / heard from Insider the club are happy with their kits.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like Errea, I think Im the only one though.

I like errea too. Mostly for the reasons Edna K has already touched upon.

Under errea, our home kit template has never been used by another English club whilst we have been using it. Our home kit has been unique - and I've loved it. The worst thing I can imagine is moving to adidas or nike and having other clubs old templates thrust upon us.

Adidas, Umbro and Nike will just give us a template. Vernandel and Canterbury who do make unique kits have gone bust and are negotiating early release from their contracts. Puma are OK, but last year gave most of their teams the same template. I am struggling to think of any brands that would give us the same unique service as errea without plastering their logo everywhere (a la Cambrini) - butka and le coq sportif are the only possible companies I can think of.

Errea are fine by me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I get my hands on a lot of kits, and I have to say, some of the smaller brands are much nicer than the big names. I really like Lotto kits, Vanandel are good too. Puma shirts are very nicely made.

All of them will make a bespoke shirt for any team (as wil Adidas, Umbro/Nike etc), so long as the financials pan out. Bukta made bespoke shirts for Whitley Bay, our red and black away shirt is bespoke. In the past we had some good kits from Errea that were bespoke, but I guess it all comes down to money, we put pressure on them to reduce prices, they cut back on the quality to do it.

I'd love to see us use a UK manufacturer, there are a number of them, but at worst at least use an EU manufacturer, there are plenyl to choose from, be nice to have an unusual one like Pelado, Mass etc.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
happy with errea tbh dont want some nike or adidas template from last year, looks awful. other suppliers which would be quite nice would be kappa for the tight shirts, canterbury if they werent bust or jako cos i like their kit templates

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
i wouldn't mind a pub team kit like ahem ... Palace's next year, they seem to have got the 'the fans like stripes, don't f*** about with curves and shit' thing down to a tee.

and it's not just about shirts, it's about all the other kit that fans would buy, the training kit sales would go through the roof FACTOID.

Albion as a brand has to be highly aspirational, and that's tough when we're shithouse, so a way to get the kids into brand Albion is to have something they recognise as COOL and RELEVANT like adaidas or nike.

isn't there an ask the club question where he's confirmed we've signed a 100 year deal with errea or something?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Does it make a difference?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Puma please.
PDS052010016.jpg

PDS053010217.jpg

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Rookie maybe just white tshirts and pants will be enough then?

genius.
Our kit will be blue and white stripes so does it matter who makes it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here