Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kit(s) for season 22/23....?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why change? With the current financial situation surely Uncle Tony anouncing that we understand how you're all feeling the pinch and have decided not to change our strip next season would go down well.

Uncle Tony anouncing that we understand how you're all feeling the pinch and have decided not to charge you £20 to let a mate use your ticket would go down equally well, I imagine. I also imagine it won't happen.

Still, as long as some people choose to buy an incredibly expensive new shirt or two every season ..................... :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love these, the 'hyperturq' is a colour that I actually associate with Brighton, even though it has not been used by the club before.

I like to think it's inspired by the seafront railings.

imageresizer

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
:lolol:

Nike: "We've designed some really nice training and warm-up kit to accompany the new strips. What do you think?"

Club: "Ooo - yes. That is good. We'll sell loads of that I'm sure."

Nike: "Right. So quantities: how many sets of each size are we looking at?"

Club: "Oh, let's say 3 sets of Medium, 5 sets of Large and twenty thousand sets of XXXXL and see how we do, eh?"

Yes that looks like our annual replica shirt sales strategy :(

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Adidas would be very good

or Bukta

can't stand Nike.

I don't believe Bukta make performance wear (or anything that I can tell) any more, but I might be wrong.

I'd be quite happy with Umbro tbh. I don't think they're owned by nike any more and they do some great stuff in South America for their leagues. Interestingly, and very rare for an away it, WHU's Umbro kit (1) this season is quite close to an option for us. I also really like a few Macron kits. (2) Though there is a very wide tolerance of what is acceptable.

Some brands really struggle with stripes. Adi do it better than others, but an adi kit would be a bit gross I think. Yet again we'd fall in to the pleb category of kits and get some throwaway design from the sweepings of the sweatshop floor. Something more bespoke from a B list brand would be better. Errea style IMO.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 12.03.10.png

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 12.08.44.png

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why change? With the current financial situation surely Uncle Tony anouncing that we understand how you're all feeling the pinch and have decided not to change our strip next season would go down well.

Uncle Tony anouncing that we understand how you're all feeling the pinch and have decided not to charge you £20 to let a mate use your ticket would go down equally well, I imagine. I also imagine it won't happen.

Still, as long as some people choose to buy an incredibly expensive new shirt or two every season ..................... :shrug:

The sportswear companies pay the clubs to be their official kit makers.

Part of that deal is presumably that these companies are allowed to make new kits for the club each season. I'm no businessman but I dont think there is a clause in the deal saying "So we've paid a lot... but if you guys want to keep the same old shirts, which means limiting our exposure and sales, then that is completely fine of course. No problems."

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The sportswear companies pay the clubs to be their official kit makers.

Part of that deal is presumably that these companies are allowed to make new kits for the club each season. I'm no businessman but I dont think there is a clause in the deal saying "So we've paid a lot... but if you guys want to keep the same old shirts, which means limiting our exposure and sales, then that is completely fine of course. No problems."

It would be in the contract about how many new kits they will make each year. It’s getting ridiculous at some clubs. Napoli are by far the worst, having 13 for this season.

Brentford going right way though, keeping their home kit for 2 seasons,

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
rkcw.jpg

RKC Waalwiljk will be playing with this next week (because of some children disease-charity thing), designed by some 10 year old girl.

Sign her up.

They also have some cool carnival kits each year.

Carnavalstenue-RKC-Waalwijk.jpg

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Would love to see us go for Puma, New Balance or Under Armour. I've liked what they've put out for the last few years (not that I'll ever buy one and put my gelatinous carcass on display)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here