Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kish keen to delay retirement

ⓣ ⓞ ⓜ

Feb 5, 2011
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Kish Open to Offer

Albion midfielder Radostin Kishishev has revealed he is open to extending his contract, which is set to expire in the summer, should he be offered one by the club.

The 36-year-old, who has made 550 career appearances following his inclusion against Brentford last night, signed a one-year deal last July but is keen to delay his retirement as a player.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "My future depends on the gaffer and the chairman. If they think I am good enough to stay another year, perhaps I will consider that one. If they say no, then I will probably finish playing football because I don't want to move anywhere else.

"I have already taken on the challenge with Brighton and I am really happy at the moment, especially in the way that we play. That is very important for me because if I played for another club where they just kick the ball into the channels and fight, I don't think I would keep playing. But, the style we play here suits me and I am very happy. I am also very happy to be playing again."

Kishishev also revealed an inspirational team-talk by Albion chairman Tony Bloom had an effect on the players before the game started at Griffin Park.

"The chairman came down to the dressing room before the game and gave us real confidence to go out and do the job, because it was an important game for him personally. As a result for the first 20 minutes we put Brentford under massive amounts of pressure.

"It was a hard win but we have got to review the whole game because we missed so many clear chances - which included a penalty - but I felt that we dominated the whole 90 minutes.

"It was a difficult game for me because I didn't train through the whole of February, so I was a bit surprised with myself that I managed to play for 90 minutes."

Meanwhile, Kishishev has also sensed a different mentality since the early part of the season, again highlighted in the 1-0 win at Brentford.

"Mentally we have already changed a lot as a team. At the beginning of the season we all remember the close games we won, where we were under massive pressure for periods in the game, but we are different now.

"We are so high in confidence that every team that we play against look like they are 1-0 down from the dressing room, walking out onto the pitch."

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Get him signed up i say!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Wasn't expecting that from Kish. Reckon he will struggle to get another deal should we go up though. Navarro and Bridcutt (if he signs), are surely ahead of him for Championship football?

Radostin Kishishev said:
We are so high in confidence that every team that we play against look like they are 1-0 down from the dressing room, walking out onto the pitch."

Marvellous

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
1 year where he doesn't play loads but helps Bridcutt continue to improve would be perfect. Sure he'll play at least 10 times the minutes Hart has in recent seasons and provide a good dressing room presence. Hart should have been a coach for at least 3 of the last 5 years not a player contract, but Kish has a proper year left I'm sure. Get it done.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Marvellous news from uncle Bulgaria, massive in terms of experience and shows quality whenever he plays for us :clap:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is the point (above): if we've been dishing out contracts to Hart for the last five years with no realistic prospect of him actually doing much on the pitch then I think it's a certainty Kishishev would be offered another year. And fair enough, given what he's contributed this season. His game is all in the head anyway, it's never been about pace so I think he could still be useful even if we're at a higher level.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would love him to sign another deal for a year, great to have him back last night.

Could you get a better tutor for Bridcutt, and any of our other younger central midfielders, he's an utterly class proffessional that they will all look up to.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I wonder if this change of heart has anything to do with his recent issues back in Bulgaria. Anyway, I agree he'd be useful to have for another year. He will definitely be good to cover others.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
ⓣ ⓞ ⓜ;4001413 said:
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Kish Open to Offer

Kishishev also revealed an inspirational team-talk by Albion chairman Tony Bloom had an effect on the players before the game started at Griffin Park.

"The chairman came down to the dressing room before the game and gave us real confidence to go out and do the job, because it was an important game for him personally. As a result for the first 20 minutes we put Brentford under massive amounts of pressure.

???

Did he have a monkey on it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I could still see him being ahead of Navarro in pecking order as long as he's got the legs. Everyone seems to be assuming Navarro will come back firing, I'm not sure why.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we don't give him a contract, someone else will.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Charlton.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've thought this all season, I think he'd be worth keeping around as a squad member and someone with vast experience.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brilliant, although he may not play as much I say get this contract sorted, he will help the younger players so much.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just his presence and experience in the dressing room and especially on the training ground must be worth another year alone even without the fact he is still quality

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here