Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Kirstie Alley - RIP

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Cheers was by far my favourite comedy of the 80s - and Kirstie Alley was a huge part of what made the programme so successful.

She came in when the programme was at its height - not an easy thing to do - to replace Shelley Long, yet if anything she improved the dynamic of the show.

Gone too soon, RIP Kirstie.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Cheers was by far my favourite comedy of the 80s - and Kirstie Alley was a huge part of what made the programme so successful.

She came in when the programme was at its height - not an easy thing to do - to replace Shelley Long, yet if anything she improved the dynamic of the show.

I was watching one of the earlier episodes of Cheers this morning on Ch4 before work when I heard the news. Totally agree with you - it was always a brilliant comedy, but her character & relationship with Sam took it to another level. One of my first TV crushes as a teen :love:

kirstie-alley-cheers-388x570.jpg

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Friday nights at 10pm? Always looked forward to that show in an age of a lot fewer sources than today

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Cheers was by far one of my favourite comedy series, Shelley Long's pretty as a picture looks combined with her confused pretentiousness' made her irresistible and a hard act to follow. But Kirstie Alley's character as Rebecca brought a loveable naivety combined with her smouldering good looks, which was just as funny when combined with her superb comic timing.
RIP Kirstie

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Very sad.

she was older than I thought.

RIP Lt. Saavik

Yep, 71, this was my first thought, and I have to admit it made me feel old myself. I remember watching Look Who’s Talking on a dodgy VHS in the early 90s as a nipper, certainly too young to get most of the adult jokes.

As a bloke now in his late 30s, and a dad of 2 kids, I’m about the same age as Kirstie Alley was then, now. And yet, I can see my young self watching that film in my mum’s living room, and it doesn’t feel very long ago. Certainly, if I only have a similar amount of time left, it’s scary.

I think this news may have just triggered a mid-life crisis in me.

RIP Kirstie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here