Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King of Saudi Arabia King Abdullah dies.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm surprise no one has mentioned yet....

Minutes silence, minutes applause or will the club put HMs photo on the big screen?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Women can drive in Saudi with their husbands permission the same as the can hold a passport with their husbands permission, although the not driving is seen as a status symbol ie being chauffeured around.

They are allowed to fly planes though. Just so long as they get a lift or are accompanied by a suitable male to the airport :D

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm surprise no one has mentioned yet....

Minutes silence, minutes applause or will the club put HMs photo on the big screen?

Maybe we should just get lashed up? After all, it is what he what have wanted.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The King of a backward and brutal totalitarian state dies and our government are offering platitudes and condolences! Good riddance to this medieval dictator however hes replaced by a clone so no change there. The reality of all the western leaders queuing up to check in with the Saudi's is that they just want to make sure their defence contracts and oil supplies are all still secure. Without the oil it would just be an ignored sandy wasteland of nomadic camel herders.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The King of a backward and brutal totalitarian state dies and our government are offering platitudes and condolences! Good riddance to this medieval dictator however hes replaced by a clone so no change there. The reality of all the western leaders queuing up to check in with the Saudi's is that they just want to make sure their defence contracts and oil supplies are all still secure. Without the oil it would just be an ignored sandy wasteland of nomadic camel herders.

The West falls over with contradiction. Assad and even Gadaffi are/were far more modern than Saudi.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Well, they'll stone ya when you're trying to be so good
They'll stone ya just a-like they said they would
They'll stone ya when you're tryin' to go home
Then they'll stone ya when you're there all alone
But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Of course it was. Practically every country involved has been put back 100 years and is being taken over by Jihadists.

For the first time I find myself nodding in agreement with you Mustafa! Hard to argue otherwise when you look at Libya which now has no real legitimate government, its society and infrastructure is in tatters and it is now effectively just a collection of city states ruled by various different factions. Egypt isn't in much better shape but is showing some signs of recovery but primarily only in the tourist hotspots. Syria? Well anyone claiming the uprising there has been anything other than a humanitarian disaster would be a fool. Of course revolution is rarely bloodless and you could argue that there is a chance that it could be a positive thing in the long term but all the signs are that the Arab uprisings have led to more bloodshed, killings and extremism than before.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Well, they'll stone ya when you're trying to be so good
They'll stone ya just a-like they said they would
They'll stone ya when you're tryin' to go home
Then they'll stone ya when you're there all alone
But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned

Possibly my favourite tune, The Black Crowes did a great cover of it....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Of course it was. Practically every country involved has been put back 100 years and is being taken over by Jihadists.

agree

backwards peoples,backwards values,backwards cultures.

what on earth were they thinking tinkering with modernity,freedom and democracy.They should stick to what they are good at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here