Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Kin on BBC iplayer

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How come its taken me this long to realise that Birdy is one of the backing singers from The Commitments? Now I've got it in my head that this is in the same cannon and that she joined the family business after the band split up.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Loved both series. However, call me ' Mr Picky ballistics man ' but since when does a bullet hit bullet proof glass and bounce back at precisely the same angle?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I finished watching this last night....I have only seen the second season. A brilliant drama with great characters and some superb acting e.g. Viking. But he is just one of many.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Loved both series. However, call me ' Mr Picky ballistics man ' but since when does a bullet hit bullet proof glass and bounce back at precisely the same angle?
My understanding is that in reality the bullet would hardly bounce back at all - the whole point of bullet resistant glass is that it absorbs most of the energy of the bullet by deforming.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
My understanding is that in reality the bullet would hardly bounce back at all - the whole point of bullet resistant glass is that it absorbs most of the energy of the bullet by deforming.
Looks like the only thing for it then is a remake of series 2 where that scene becomes part of a dream like Bobby Ewing in Dallas

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I really enjoyed it, sad to see one of the main characters go out like that as they could've done so much with him. I've heard a lot of Irish people say that another Irish crime series called Love/Hate with some of the same actors is better, but I watched a few episodes and it does feel it's age (2009) it felt dated. Kin was a lot better acted I thought. I think they can do a lot with the young Antony character, make him a proper psycho.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I thought it was really good, if a little full of gangster clichés. Don't think they're planning another series sadly.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I really enjoyed it, sad to see one of the main characters go out like that as they could've done so much with him. I've heard a lot of Irish people say that another Irish crime series called Love/Hate with some of the same actors is better, but I watched a few episodes and it does feel it's age (2009) it felt dated. Kin was a lot better acted I thought. I think they can do a lot with the young Antony character, make him a proper psycho.
I watched a couple of series of Love/Hate but can’t for the life of me recall how the storyline unfolded. Make of that what you will.

Watched all of Love/Hate and although it took a series and half to really get into it, its a great watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here