Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Is it just me? Has anyone noticed in the last 3 short outings or so, that Adam Lallana no longer runs normally anymore? He now sort of straight leg glides, almost like a type of training warm-up stride. It honestly looks like he can’t run anymore for fear of doing terminal physiological damage. it is so strange to watch. I’m sure he’s been doing accelerated coaching badges, so I think we are very very close to seeing his absolute last outing. Yes he still has a rapid brain and great ball skills, but it is so odd to see a player glide running like that at the highest level.
Errr...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Enjoying how much this bid has wound up Leicester fans who can't get their heads around the new order of club hierarchy, nor an acceptance that they have lost their place in the food chain

as an aside, as much as the kid is playing well this season, I have a sneaky feeling he is one of these players that is too good for the Championship but doesn't really move the needle at Prem level

if we were buying from the Championship I'd much rather gamble on Adam Wharton (if only to annoy Palace)
Did you have the same sneaky feeling about Pedro?🤣

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Looks like Leicester have their replacement. Stefano Sensi. Deal being finalised with Inter according to Fab.
Apart from them both being midfield players I have no idea if they’re similar types. I’d imagine this means KD-H is being sold. FFP PSR and all that. Whether that’s to us or not remains to be seen.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As much as I can understand our interest, I can't see this happening. Leicester City have a quality player and need to make sure they arrive upstairs at the end of the season.

Unless Albion pay well over the odds, the legs on this will fall off. Even then, Leicester need to be certain of their replacement.

The more I think about it the less likely I think it is.
I'd say that Ornstein wouldn't have reported it if the club hadn't made a genuine first offer; and the club wouldn't have made that offer if they didn't know, or at least make an informed calculation that Leicester need to make a sale to avoid a 10 point penalty next seaon - particularly now that the PL has set a precedent on this.

Could be that the deal is facilitated by a loan in the other direction, maybe? Dahoud or Baleba would be vrey handy Championship players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd say that Ornstein wouldn't have reported it if the club hadn't made a genuine first offer; and the club wouldn't have made that offer if they didn't know, or at least make an informed calculation that Leicester need to make a sale to avoid a 10 point penalty next seaon - particularly now that the PL has set a precedent on this.

Could be that the deal is facilitated by a loan in the other direction, maybe? Dahoud or Baleba would be very handy Championship players.
I think you could add Hinshelwood or Moder to that. Quite a choice for them and useful for us to get one out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes the athletic article is a bit negative on the likelihood of it happening unfortunately. Sensi is also not a like for like replacement either.

Dewsbury Hall sounds like it must have some chimneys need sweeping to get some inside info, dwayne :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope we get him. He has impressed me for a long time.

I'd not be keen to see Hinsch go out on loan. He looks like he has all the raw material to improve as a good EPL player by regularly starting for us. No point having him swanking around the championship.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s Moder that goes surely - he’s more box to box. Really needs some minutes after his injury and in all honesty not sure if we haven’t moved beyond his abilities now - but only one way to find out

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s Moder that goes surely - he’s more box to box. Really needs some minutes after his injury and in all honesty not sure if we haven’t moved beyond his abilities now - but only one way to find out
Yep. Good player but needs to learn how to score (for us). Perhaps some time at a free-scoring championship club may give him the little boost he needs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is it just me? Has anyone noticed in the last 3 short outings or so, that Adam Lallana no longer runs normally anymore? He now sort of straight leg glides, almost like a type of training warm-up stride. It honestly looks like he can’t run anymore for fear of doing terminal physiological damage. it is so strange to watch. I’m sure he’s been doing accelerated coaching badges, so I think we are very very close to seeing his absolute last outing. Yes he still has a rapid brain and great ball skills, but it is so odd to see a player glide running like that at the highest level.
Yep - have noticed it. No way he can play after this season surely. Looks a struggle to run. He’s been excellent and I think we will keep him on the staff for sure.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I hope we get him. He has impressed me for a long time.

I'd not be keen to see Hinsch go out on loan. He looks like he has all the raw material to improve as a good EPL player by regularly starting for us. No point having him swanking around the championship.
I don’t have the athletic - are you talking Jack Hinshelwood or Hinchy pls Sir?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t have the athletic - are you talking Jack Hinshelwood or Hinchy pls Sir?
I have had it in my head, for unknown reasons, that he's German. Mein Fehler.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Arsenal are the new favourites for his signature then.

But imagine what it would mean if (if) he still came to us despite the prospect of CL football. He would be a landmark signing.
Put it this way, he is not going to break into the England squad for Euro 24 playing in the Championship and waiting for Arsenal in the summer.

I do believe that we’re crying out for a decent central midfielder to sit alongside Rice in the England team. Phillips is fat and never plays and Henderson must be completely off it having been playing semi-pro football in a desert.

If we get very deep into both cups and claim back our 6th place (or better) in the EPL, Southgate would find it hard to ignore an in form KDH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here