[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Fab usually bang on. Don't like being 3rd choice for McKenna. But it is what it is. Financially I feel like Ipswich could push the boat out to match us salary wise. Will be a hard call for him I'm sure.
The independent had this last night. And HITC confirmed it this morning. It’s McKenna.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Wasn't it said that any manager is potentially 6 games from the sack? That is especially so in these times. McKenna needs to move on from Ipswich, the Premier League is now a graveyard for promoted clubs.

He sounds very promising. My main concern is that as a manager he seems only to have tasted success. What will be be like in adversity for sure as night follows day he will surely meet some in the PL.
are you saying we may not win the league, next season???

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The independent had this last night. And HITC confirmed it this morning. It’s McKenna.
Believe both reports said we believe he will join us. We also heavily believed kudus would join us as well. We just don't pay enough to be that confident. But it does look 50/50 from reports. Tuesday/Wednesday key time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disagree.

He’s just watched all last year’s promoted clubs, get relegated.

Plus we have a reputation for being unusually well-run.

If it’s Albion or Ipswich he’s choosing us
Would think so, also needs to consider moving whilst his stock is high. Ipswich pretty likely to get relegated next season, at that point he isn’t going to be quite so marketable. Established, very well run PL club without the intensity and scrutiny (and lack of patience) that goes with a ‘big’ club is a logical move for him at this stage of his career.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I'm guessing everyone is sitting around waiting for Manchester United to make a decision. They're not very good at it so imagine this could take time. Bit sub-optimal to be dependent on what they do, but we seem to accept the wait.
Presumably we have decent options if it goes tits up with McKenna.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Believe both reports said we believe he will join us. We also heavily believed kudus would join us as well. We just don't pay enough to be that confident. But it does look 50/50 from reports. Tuesday/Wednesday key time.
If you mean Albion are going to walk away cos McKenna will have some unpalatable contract demands - then maybe - but unlikely since (it’s reported - multiple reports ) they’re now looking to close the deal.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Sorry if I've missed anything important whilst on my 3hr walk around Newcastle this morning but Shirley our new boss conundrum is staring us in the face. We want KM, KM doesn't want to commit until Utd have fannied about reviewing their nearly shite season and keeping his pinkies crossed that the forward thinking Ratcliffe and Brailsford for sentiment reasons want him. Message to KM...do the yards first. Use us yes but don't keep us waiting as we will progress you. For this reason I would be inclined to say No thanks. Potter...unlikely Tony wants the Heart Breaker back. Poch and Tuchel can slug it out for Utd Job. RDZ can go and sort out the Kings Road shitshow and await being booted out within 6 months. Leaving us to Sign Maresca who probably wants out of Leicester anyway!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There is absolutely zero chance Utd will appoint McKenna. Zilch, nothing.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sorry if I've missed anything important whilst on my 3hr walk around Newcastle this morning but Shirley our new boss conundrum is staring us in the face. We want KM, KM doesn't want to commit until Utd have fannied about reviewing their nearly shite season and keeping his pinkies crossed that the forward thinking Ratcliffe and Brailsford for sentiment reasons want him. Message to KM...do the yards first. Use us yes but don't keep us waiting as we will progress you. For this reason I would be inclined to say No thanks. Potter...unlikely Tony wants the Heart Breaker back. Poch and Tuchel can slug it out for Utd Job. RDZ can go and sort out the Kings Road shitshow and await being booted out within 6 months. Leaving us to Sign Maresca who probably wants out of Leicester anyway!

Maresca is going to Chelsea.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Its hard to believe. If he continues playing to end of next season - he'll only be a few months shy of 40.

He's 4 months older than that Kieran McKenna.
He didn't actually do a lot of playing in the end did he ! But i get your point.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If McKenna comes to us ???
Then it seems we are his second or possibly third choice.
Just doesn’t feel right.
Hope I’m wrong.
That’s what you get when you target a manager that Chelsea & Manure are interested in.

I’m more than happy. I wasn’t keen on the club going after 2nd choices like Potter.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
I give you...

49 years old....García Pimienta

Former Barcelona reserve player. Former Barcelona Youth and Barcelona B Coach.

Current Las Palmas manager. Guided them to promotion the season before last with a 65% average ball possession in the Segunda division. This season his team has finished 16th in La Liga and with 59% average possession, had the second highest average ball control (below Barca, above Real).

phoenix

May 18, 2009
It was 10 days between Potter being announced as leaving/ RDZ announced as being hired. We're currently on day 9.
RDZ was out of work as i understand it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports