Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Which buys us, what? 6 months of peace? Whoever comes in, if they do well, will immediately be linked to bigger jobs every time a vacancy comes up. That’s modern football.

The speculation is unhelpful, but every time we appoint well, it’s going to be there. Like you I’m not a fan of it, but it’s going to be unavoidable.

Let's face it, same for the Bournemouth and Palace manager - if they both continue their second half of last season form, they'll be above us and next in line.

If they don't and we are performing better then surely that's a good thing!! If we do get McKenna and he's so good that he only stays a season or two at least we'll have some good results to look forward to and the manager market may be better by then.

el punal

and RDZ barely won a game once Caicedo had rocked off.

Good player that
That’s not strictly true. We had a superb start to the season. We lost only one league game before being thumped 6-1 by Villa on 30th of September. Things started to go tits up when the injuries started piling up, especially when Solly March got crocked away at Man City.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We all know he wants Man U, but if they go with more experienced coach my hunch is he won't come here, he'll just use all the speculation to drive up his contract offer at Ipswich, sign and say he always wanted to stay.
Disagree.

He’s just watched all last year’s promoted clubs, get relegated.

Plus we have a reputation for being unusually well-run.

If it’s Albion or Ipswich he’s choosing us

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Agree. You don’t want a manager who’s already indicated where he wants to go next already!! Rate Utd and other chaotic rich 6 clubs go, he’ll be constantly linked with and a massive distraction. It’s a no from me also.
Only failing managers don’t get linked with other jobs.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I understand, but we will never get a 100% Brighton manager as simply put, we gave no ex-players / managers with connections good enough to manage the club.
McKenna wants manu, if we got him for 3/4 years while he is trying to prove himself to the manc board surely the club would benefit?
100%. If we got a manager for 3 or 4 years I’d be delighted.

el punal

Worries me that we've been left hanging too long now. Usually, for us, when we are left waiting it doesn't end well.
One week! That’s hardly left hanging too long. Besides, no one outside of the club knows what the intentions of the board are or the state of progress.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Worries me that we've been left hanging too long now. Usually, for us, when we are left waiting it doesn't end well.

It was 10 days between Potter being announced as leaving/ RDZ announced as being hired. We're currently on day 9.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
and RDZ barely won a game once Caicedo had rocked off.

Good player that
What absolute nonsense.

You don’t finish 11th and top of a Europa League group without winning a few games.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We want an answer this week...

Fab usually bang on. Don't like being 3rd choice for McKenna. But it is what it is. Financially I feel like Ipswich could push the boat out to match us salary wise. Will be a hard call for him I'm sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here