Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We all know he wants Man U, but if they go with more experienced coach my hunch is he won't come here, he'll just use all the speculation to drive up his contract offer at Ipswich, sign and say he always wanted to stay.
I think this is a possible outcome. We’ll want an answer this week. If he’s still hanging on for the potential United job I can see this scenario.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not convinced he’s right. I have no idea whether he wants to be here or not, but I’d rather appoint a coach who 100% buys into the ethos of the project and is not driven to ‘coach at the highest’ level, which is words for ‘just go to a team with the biggest transfer budget.’

However, this great article in NY Times lays out why he should choose us.

I understand, but we will never get a 100% Brighton manager as simply put, we gave no ex-players / managers with connections good enough to manage the club.
McKenna wants manu, if we got him for 3/4 years while he is trying to prove himself to the manc board surely the club would benefit?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This + he wants to go to Man u not us - distinctly underwhelmed at the possibility of having him as our manager.
Agree. You don’t want a manager who’s already indicated where he wants to go next already!! Rate Utd and other chaotic rich 6 clubs go, he’ll be constantly linked with and a massive distraction. It’s a no from me also.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Pl
Agree. You don’t want a manager who’s already indicated where he wants to go next already!! Rate Utd and other chaotic rich 6 clubs go, he’ll be constantly linked with and a massive distraction. It’s a no from me also.
Has He ever officially said this to a media source? Or has someone guessed as he used to be a coach @ Manure. It would be a very big headed thing to say when he hasn’t been offered the job there.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Caicedo must comfortably have the highest win percentage of any Brighton player since we’ve been in the PL (based purely on playing for us). I’d guess Mitoma might be the next closest?
Caicedo's Albion PL record is P:45 W: 23 D : 10 L : 12

Jimmy Grimble

Caicedo's Albion PL record is P:45 W: 23 D : 10 L : 12
I’d be amazed if anyone else is over 50%, bar players who played a handful of games. Undav might be up there.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's not hard to believe at all. He's slower than Groß!
I'm more half full when it comes to Milner. The few games he played last season i thought he added an extra bit of class, and strength to the team - eg: Spurs. . in short doses and of course he struggled with injuries. He's remarkably fit for 39. He'll be useful in the dressing room too for any new manager.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Exactly, as much as I liked him, he simply did not learn his lesson after West Ham showed the way at The Amex. Villa then did similar, so did Luton and even Bournemouth, by which time he seemed to have lost heart.
Yet in between he beat Ajax twice, Marseille, AEK and Roma.

But then the goals dried upas the injuries piled up.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
But, if you’re conceding more goals than you’re scoring you lose.

You simply cannot blindly play the same way and not learn, injuries or no injuries.
You can always blame injuries, number of games, the owner or the players for that though :thumbsup:

I imagine RDZ was waking up unhappy from the moment his Roma mate made an absolute mug of him

I, for one, am delighted he’s no longer our manager but thank him for some fabulous memories until his Albion mojo plummeted. He will go down in Albion history as a legend for those 13 months or so, the end will soon be forgotten by most.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pl

Has He ever officially said this to a media source? Or has someone guessed as he used to be a coach @ Manure. It would be a very big headed thing to say when he hasn’t been offered the job there.
Of course not, he’s not officially said he doesn’t want to be at Ipswich. But…the speculation would be unhelpful and Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle amongst others are constantly churning through managers and he’d only need to win a few games here before everyone be saying he’s of interest to. Rather we went down the Potter, RDZ nobody knows him, than someone who will be continually linked from the go get.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Of course not, he’s not officially said he doesn’t want to be at Ipswich. But…the speculation would be unhelpful and Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle amongst others are constantly churning through managers and he’d only need to win a few games here before everyone be saying he’s of interest to. Rather we went down the Potter, RDZ nobody knows him, than someone who will be continually linked from the go get.

Which buys us, what? 6 months of peace? Whoever comes in, if they do well, will immediately be linked to bigger jobs every time a vacancy comes up. That’s modern football.

The speculation is unhelpful, but every time we appoint well, it’s going to be there. Like you I’m not a fan of it, but it’s going to be unavoidable.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You can always blame injuries, number of games, the owner or the players for that though :thumbsup:

I imagine RDZ was waking up unhappy from the moment his Roma mate made an absolute mug of him

I, for one, am delighted he’s no longer our manager but thank him for some fabulous memories until his Albion mojo plummeted. He will go down in Albion history as a legend for those 13 months or so, the end will soon be forgotten by most.
100% he is straight in as joint number 1 with Mullery as my all time favourite, for the euro qualifying season alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here