Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If he doesn't bring Mr Blobby on as his assistant to unsettle the opposition, I'm already Edmunds out.
Indeed.. . and when we break into the Champions league we can finally reveal that blobby was actually Gus Poyet all along …

I love it.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
That would be so cool!!

We could email him and tell to become a dictator

And we would receive a ten page email back detailing why, at this stage, he does see the change being necessary.

Let's all vote BARBER IN !!
Maybe sell all the "best(?)" politicians

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Wait for the manager-go-round to stop and see who gets off.........
Until then...........

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If I’m a player, irrespective of the PL hyperbole and the money etc. I want to know who I’m going to be playing for… a youth/dev squad option, yep that’s a different prospect… but first team …

(Somewhere in Bulgaria)

“Brighton are interested"
"How much? - can you leak the story and see if Chelsea, United, Villa or West Ham bite?"
Amended for you! Sorry, I think money trumps everything in the world of top level professional football.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

No surprise.

You don’t get to wait for Utd (just in case) if Chelsea approach. They just tell you to do one. Their collective ego can’t handle that sort of thing.

But if we approach, there has to be pragmatism and realism in going at McKenna’s pace. We might just strike gold once again!

IMG_4826.jpeg

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
McKenna is surprisingly ( in my view) favourite with some bookies for the Man United job.
In terms of timing i think Chelsea will move first and I expect they will go for De Zerbi.
Then it’s going to take United at least a week to decide on who takes over from ETH.
If they go for Poch, then we have a chance of McKenna, although I expect he desperately wants the United job and I do wonder if he doesn’t get it whether he’ll opt to stay at Ipswich.
If they go for McKenna, who I think they had lined up, before the Poch sacking, then we better move quickly and have a good contingency plan.
At least we have some time and I hope it’s a better option than Glow Up. If Chelsea go for De Zerbi then would Maresca be an option?
I think all those teams without managers (now or soon) should just get in one room with the guys concerned, sealed bids, just thrash it out in a day.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m beginning to not care.

But - when do we think things should be done by? I got the impression from RDZ’s departure there was a done deal just waiting to happen. I guess there wasn’t.

So when do we need a manger by? Next week? Before the Euros? Before we go to Japan?
Bear in mind that loads of European domestic competitions only finished today. Could well see some movement this week.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I think all those teams without managers (now or soon) should just get in one room with the guys concerned, sealed bids, just thrash it out in a day.
This but make it a game of musical chairs where every chair is a given club and wherever you sit you are now the manager.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Feeling quite breezy on my walk home this Sunday BH evening.
And feeling as calm as the evening has become after storms and carnage.
We know how this club works. Feels like a mix of radical honesty and hyper pragmatism.
I suspect we've said to young KM " look boy, we want you. We get you fancy a bigger club, who wouldn't? We get the dream is Man U, but we also understand the appeal of Chelsea. But we here, we happy to take our time. Let us know when you're ready".
I think KM is probably odds on now.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Honestly.. McKenna should stay at Ipswich. Do a season in the Prem.. THEN move. As we've seen with Kompany, even being relegated wont hurt his stock.
Why not come here? He's basically quit at Ipswich. Perfect place for a young and ambitious manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here