[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
He was away on holiday on Wednesday
Couldn't remember I read it, so Googled it and top answer was a thread titled 'Brighton Interviewed McKenna on Wednesday' on the Ipswich Town Fans Forum 😂 and linking to The Times article where it was reported. Maybe you need to be over there telling them, not me.

Plus, in reply to that thread someone says McKenna was... Spotted on the train back from London around 6pm that day. Easy to get from London to Brighton and back on the train. Or Tony's office is in London.

Who knows, we probably have someone else in mind, but I wouldn't completely rule out that he was interviewed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
If he comes to us he'll have already proven he'll jump ship at the drop of a hat. He also seems like the sort of guy desperate for a big club position asap. I feel like if we do get him and he does well we will be back in this position by next summer at the latest. I know about the succession planning and more money in the bank blah blah but it's one thing with players and another with managers. I'd like an appointment where there's a realistic chance of them sticking around for a couple of seasons.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
If he comes to us he'll have already proven he'll jump ship at the drop of a hat. He also seems like the sort of guy desperate for a big club position asap. I feel like if we do get him and he does well we will be back in this position by next summer at the latest. I know about the succession planning and more money in the bank blah blah but it's one thing with players and another with managers. I'd like an appointment where there's a realistic chance of them sticking around for a couple of seasons.

Agreed, but the manager market might be better next Summer, unless none of this summer's appointments work out, in which case....

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
I agree, and that is ok :(

Not that I like it, but it is where we are. We'll want every new manager to succed, and when they do, they'll leave.

It will be like this for the next ten years, if *everything* I dream of becomes real. The new mega stadium I've seen take shape in my dreams on the west pier will probably never be built, thus it wil most likely be like this forever :(

(Sorry, for beeing a jerk)

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I have no idea what is going to happen, but after following the Albion for most of my life I still can't read paragraphs in the press like this without a sense of awe and the impulse to pinch myself "McKenna may only be a rookie in terms of first-team management, but he's already on the watchlists of the likes of Chelsea, Brighton & Hove Albion and Manchester United".

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
not for the 65 or so Potter fans :lolol:
Not a fan but not so one eyed that I cannot respect him for taking us from a scared team desperate to secure a point to one that was prepared to take on any side in the league and eventually having this bear fruit. However, I do have a huge amount of respect for TB and if he brings Potter back then by default I won't be bitching about his decision because it shows he is putting the success of the club before any animosity. Although I would expect a frigging huge buy out clause and personal financial penalties in potters contract, again IF potter comes back in Tony I trust.

Last edited:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It seems to me that everyone who was employed by us has jumped ship with the first big offer , from Ashworth to Potter to Winstanlly ,
they all go when a bigger offer comes

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
This is our two options if we want a manager to stick around for a while:

1. A bad one.
2. Someone who has already been burned at the top.
3. Some local hipster PE teacher type idiot.

Anyone else having success with us is going to be a (willing) target of the big clubs.

I don't find it absolutely necessary with a long term manager, but if we really want one, people are going to suck up their pride and anger because there's only one realistic option.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I have no idea what is going to happen, but after following the Albion for most of my life I still can't read paragraphs in the press like this without a sense of awe and the impulse to pinch myself "McKenna may only be a rookie in terms of first-team management, but he's already on the watchlists of the likes of Chelsea, Brighton & Hove Albion and Manchester United".
Yeah just because we spoke to him , all the big clubs must think he must be good , let’s get him before we get him

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Right. And you’ve worked all this out from media reports and made up bollocks on Twitter, have you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports