[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
He won’t go to Chelsea cos he’s not stupid, and anyway their American owners have never heard of him.

He won’t go to Man Utd cos they’ll want somebody bigger.

He may come to us if he likes what he sees (and vice versa).

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Well maybe not but the OP is arguing that the Albion's interest in Mckenna is "pure speculation" as if its just some random chat plucked from the ether. Plenty of evidence . In fact a mountain of evidence suggesting otherwise.
😂 an attempt to send round in circles if that's the case, at least that's not the sentiment I understood from the opening post.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
He won’t go to Chelsea cos he’s not stupid, and anyway their American owners have never heard of him.

According to a lot of reputable sources, he does seem to be the preferred candidate for United.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
According to a lot of reputable sources, he does seem to be the preferred candidate for United.
Is that true? I haven't seen a solid source say he's their number one choice but may have missed something. I've seen a few say they are his preferred choice. I still think it's unlikely United would go with a risky Championship manager but I could well be wrong.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Is that true? I haven't seen a solid source say he's their number one choice but may have missed something. I've seen a few say they are his preferred choice. I still think it's unlikely United would go with a risky Championship manager but I could well be wrong.

Paul Hurst at The Times, who is usually pretty well-connected has said he is the preferred choice.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Paul Hurst at The Times, who is usually pretty well-connected has said he is the preferred choice.
Thanks. Can't immediately see where's he's said that he's United's preferred choice out of the 4 mentioned but I'll take your word for it. Interesting if true but still seems an odd appointment for a massive global club.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Thanks. Can't immediately see where's he's said that he's United's preferred choice out of the 4 mentioned but I'll take your word for it. Interesting if true but still seems an odd appointment for a massive global club.

FWIW, I totally agree with you. I'd assumed they would go for Poch or Tuchel - both experienced managers who they wouldn't need to pay compensation for either.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Amid all this speculation and the snowball myths, my favourite moments are the players who are being 'monitored'

I get the image of a brown coated, trilby hated, club scout following them round Waitrose. They're not playing football so the scouts must be in the neighbours bushes with binoculars trained on the house.

It never fails to astonish me how people get drawn into it. Even on NSC. Talk of players wages, Albion having been 'in' for someone when the only say so was a lazy journalist needing to get something out for the 17.00 deadline. Then we roll and everything becomes fact.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
yes i’d be surprised if contingency options weren’t being looked at. i think potter will definitely be one, and i don’t think i personally would mind that, but given how it’d polarise the fanbase i can’t see it. and also, it does just feel a little bit lazy.

i think gallardo is definitely worth a look, but whether he’d be at all interested when he was earning 12 million a year in saudi is another matter. i would actually like us to have a look at corberan at west brom. not the most exciting on the face of it, and they didn’t do well in the playoffs, but i’ve been pretty impressed with the flexibility and adaptability of his teams. capable of playing beautiful football and likes to have possession, but also capable of shutting up shop when need be
Gallardo is a free agent having been sacked for losing three games on the trot, so earning nothing at the moment, plus his son is a left back playing in Argentina...........................................................

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

Or stay where he is ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well maybe not but the OP is arguing that the Albion's interest in Mckenna is "pure speculation" as if its just some random chat plucked from the ether. Plenty of evidence . In fact a mountain of evidence suggesting otherwise.

Imho the broadsheets are reliable with football stories, particularly here where they pinpointed the event and day.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I posted this elsewhere, but it seems a big part of Ipswich' success was 'being clinical' / seriously over performing xg. I'm not sure that would translate based on the second half of our season!! (Explains why Chelsea interested in Leicester manager).

Screenshot_20240525-182201~2.png

Screenshot_20240525-183049~2.png

scooter1

How soon is now?
Silly season really is upon us, but this year it’s all about managers.
The only big player move appears to be the worlds worst kept secret. Has Mbappe actually announced that he will be going to Madrid?
It‘ll be interesting to see how these things all slot into place, and how quickly. And how many actually, really know anything?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports