Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think we are all well aware of his shit departure but he HAD turned us around and to ignore that and relentlessly picking out the negatives from his tenure is getting a bit obsessive. Him coming back is not a great option but if we have been knocked back on our first choices I would much rather have him back than Martin, Rosenior, Moyes or Cooper

I think you’d rather we got relegated than have him back
I'm answering points put to me by other posters. That's how message boards work.

I've said 9th was a great achievement back when he did it and, actually, today. But he had the midfield and defenders to do it and may have underachieved, given that seven game run that included the worst performance seen since Hughton's team played Bournemouth, where we managed to lose 3-0 at home to a woeful Burnley.

No point airbrushing this out when we're talking about the next head coach, because the risk is we get that, or worse, again. It's Potter taking us down I'm worried about.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I'm answering points put to me by other posters. That's how message boards work.

I've said 9th was a great achievement back when he did it and, actually, today. But he had the midfield and defenders to do it and may have underachieved, given that seven game run that included the worst performance seen since Hughton's team played Bournemouth, where we managed to lose 3-0 at home to a woeful Burnley.

No point airbrushing this out when we're talking about the next head coach, because the risk is we get that, or worse, again.
That Burnley game was a travesty, helped by the ref and some once in a season goals from them. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Last edited:

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
That Burnley game was a travesty, helped by the ref and some once in a season goals from them. Thanks for reminding me of it!

and both first choice centre backs out injured (Dunk/Webster). Awful result but Luton this season was an even worse performance

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Are you saying he didn't lose 7 games straight?

Many of my BHA friends hate him. 63% of people on the poll thread don't want Potter and more are on the fence. He's a worse option than McKenna and several others because HE chose to shit on our fanbase.
We can't all get things right all the time. Your assessment of GP's time here is one that's very, very wrong. But we've done that before.
Let's do his departure, which has all sorts on NSC getting terribly upset. What it meant was:
-- we got c£25m
-- we cleared out our coaching staff ...
-- ... which enabled RDZ to bring in his merry band of men
I just don't get what's not to like about that (and spare me the he took Bruno, who needs to stay here as the mascot bit).

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Reminds me of a mates tale about Kiwi birds being filthy.
He was out at a club in NZ having a ciggie outside when a decidedly average looking young lady came up and said "You're a good looking fella and I'm sure you can do better than me, but if you don't and you fancy a root I'll be out here at 1 o'clock"
True story - I had something similar in the 1980s, at a Sussex University disco. Mature student (female, early 30s) approaches me at the bar and said "You look like a nice guy, do you want to come back to my place [a cottage in Falmer village!] and f*** me?" That evening was the start of a year-long relationship :blush:

Anyway, back to the thread!

Last edited:

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
True story - I had something similar in the 1980s, at a Sussex University disco. Mature student (female, early 30s) approaches me at the bar and said "You look like a nice guy, do you want to come back to my place [a cottage in Falmer village!] and f*** me?" That evening was the start of a year-long relationship :blush:
Inappropriate ? Or bragging ?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Don’t think TB anticipated Man U or Chelsea playing manager merry go round at the same time as us.

Given they are a d we can’t compete with them we should just move on to other targets. Who that might be I have no idea. Anyone but potter though.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
I will say it again, One should not let personal feelings get in the way of professional judgements.
Sure GP had ambition and self belief enough to uproot all of his staff. I am confident that he was promised time. Could be said he was naive enough to believe it.
He got his fingers and toes well and truly burnt.
Could be that experience will send him on a "Gian Piero Gasperini" journey and he will not make that mistake again.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Can't be bothered to go back and quote the post, but yes, I would rather us get relegated than have Potter back. Some things are more important than PL status. Integrity is one of them.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Don’t think TB anticipated Man U or Chelsea playing manager merry go round at the same time as us.

Given they are a d we can’t compete with them we should just move on to other targets. Who that might be I have no idea. Anyone but potter though.
I'm 100% sure TB will have anticipated Poch and Ten Haag leaving. Ten Haag's days have been numbered ever since Ratcliffe took over (and probably before that). Poch's statements over the previous few weeks were pretty clear indications he'd had enough. I think we'd be under-estimating our leader's intelligence if we think this has all come as a surprise.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make ? I think everyone is agreement with that.

They’re not. From Feb to May 2024 the nsc army who overnight said RDZ was poor and had only ever ridden on Potter’s coat-tails, lay the blame solely at his door. Dismissing the transfer windows and injuries “excuses”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here