[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
After our game against them, I can't decide if you're being sarcastic or not!
This time I wasnt!

he dropped and absolute bollock in that game, but our own keepers gave goals away too..... other than his very public embarrassment, his stats say hes half decent

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't argue with that - just look at the stats. The rotation idea was absolutely ridiculous. We obviously had bad injuries but RDZ really didn't help himself at times this season.
I don't think it's that simple. Verbruggen and Trafford are the two youngest keepers in the league by some margin. There aren't many PL keepers get a look in before their mid-20s.

If we analysed the on-going development of Bart, rotating this season may prove a master stroke in his development and releasing pressure from him.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The last paragraph is pretty much where I am with this. Irrespective of injuries I still believe Roberto did pretty well all things considered. Yes, he made mistakes but my word he still had us playing some good stuff even to playing united off the park for 60 mins with a patched up team. We could very well have pushed again next season for Europe with a fully fit squad and just 2 decent additions with Roberto in charge. We may still do that with the new guy in but I have this feeling that we may have made a huge error in parting ways with RDZ.
This is exactly how I feel about it.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I enjoyed our time under Potter and think he helped to develop the team and we became stronger.

However, I think his return would be very polarising and I don't think I could deal with all the negativity on NSC.
I quite like reading and contributing to NSC, but if Potter returned I think I would have to bin it off.
Which I don't really want to do.

Fingers crossed McKenna joins us, if not some bloke that hasn't even been mentioned yet.
I definitely prefer some bloke that hasn't been mentioned yet. I quite like the sound of the Malmo chaos guy. That could go wonderfully well or catastrophically wrong (or somewhere in between) and will be great fun regardless.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think we are front runners but McKenna is holding out a little longer to see if something better comes along. Still don't believe Chelsea are interested.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Man Utd might be his dream, but with about ten senior pros still there from his time as Mourinho's assistant, he's going to have to make an impact quickly to get a notoriously difficult squad onside.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
And if we'd had the form of the seven games prior to him picking Caicedo all season, we'd have gone down with fewer points than this season's Sheffield Utd :shrug:
Dog and bone comes to mind with your Potter comments, you do realise they do you no favours at all don’t you?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dog and bone comes to mind with your Potter comments, you do realise they do you no favours at all don’t you?
Are you saying he didn't lose 7 games straight?

Many of my BHA friends hate him. 63% of people on the poll thread don't want Potter and more are on the fence. He's a worse option than McKenna and several others because HE chose to shit on our fanbase.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Man Utd might be his dream, but with about ten senior pros still there from his time as Mourinho's assistant, he's going to have to make an impact quickly to get a notoriously difficult squad onside.

I honestly couldn’t begrudge him for that decision. (If it is his decision)

He knows the club, he’ll be given more time than at Chelsea, and they’ve finally started recruiting the right people in senior positions. I’d welcome him here, but can understand that Manchester United would, on the surface, seem a more prestigious challenge.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Many of my BHA friends hate him. 63% of people on the poll thread don't want Potter and more are on the fence. He's a worse option than McKenna and several others because HE chose to shit on our fanbase.

I think we are all well aware of his shit departure but he HAD turned us around and to ignore that and relentlessly picking out the negatives from his tenure is getting a bit obsessive. Him coming back is not a great option but if we have been knocked back on our first choices I would much rather have him back than Martin, Rosenior, Moyes or Cooper if they turn out to be the choices left.

I think you’d rather we got relegated than have him back

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I couldn’t agree more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports