[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
There are about 400 extra posts on this thread since I looked this morning. Has there been any update or is it just random stuff that's been posted?
Most of it's about whether Guiness Boy's chances of bonking Angelina Jolie are materially effected by our xG stats under Potter.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
There are about 400 extra posts on this thread since I looked this morning. Has there been any update or is it just random stuff that's been posted?

Nah, just us old grumpy blokes preferring to post shite on here rather than talk to our missus.
+1 slightly less old bloke preferring to post shite here when he should be working

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I enjoyed our time under Potter and think he helped to develop the team and we became stronger.

However, I think his return would be very polarising and I don't think I could deal with all the negativity on NSC.
I quite like reading and contributing to NSC, but if Potter returned I think I would have to bin it off.
Which I don't really want to do.

Fingers crossed McKenna joins us, if not some bloke that hasn't even been mentioned yet.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He most certainly didn't keep us away from the relegation zone. In his first season we finished 15th, winning just 9 games out of 38, the same as 17th placed Aston Villa. The season after was even worse with the same number of wins and 16th place. Burnley in 17th won a game more than we did.

The above - and the fact that most of the non-wins were at home - is exactly why I don't like him. Looking at the bloke's record objectively he's had one good season in the UK. Finished mid table with Swansea in the Championship. 15th and 16th with us, 9th (admittedly decent) and then sacked by Chelsea mid-season for, erm, not winning games.
Do you really think taking over a Chris Hughton backs-to-the-wall lump it to Murray team and completely changing the style of play and still finishing 15th in the Premier League is not a good season!? He did an amazing job that year.

I don’t think you can read too much into the 2nd season as it was so messed up due to Covid. The 3rd one we were hard to beat but crap in front of goal for most of it, and got really good towards the end. It was the perfect example of giving somebody time.

I think Potter did a great job, and was the perfect hire at the perfect time. I definitely don’t want him back though- it is OK to not want him back, you don’t need to pretend he did a crap job to justify that opinion.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Of course it's random stuff.
I've put in a slightly filthy night club story and if enough people go onto that subject I believe it's El Presidente who will relate his "flock of soggy starlings" story to distract us from the tedium.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do you really think taking over a Chris Hughton backs-to-the-wall lump it to Murray team and completely changing the style of play and still finishing 15th in the Premier League is not a good season!? He did an amazing job that year.

I don’t think you can read too much into the 2nd season as it was so messed up due to Covid. The 3rd one we were hard to beat but crap in front of goal for most of it, and got really good towards the end. It was the perfect example of giving somebody time.

I think Potter did a great job, and was the perfect hire at the perfect time. I definitely don’t want him back though- it is OK to not want him back, you don’t need to pretend he did a crap job to justify that opinion.
Talking of Covid, he didn't win a single game in 2020 until lockdown saved him. And I don't take your point at all about the 2nd season, Covid affected literally every other team in the country, we weren't special or anything.

He's an ok coach. Good at developing players, obviously calmer than the last bloke, some vaguely interesting tactics at times, nicer football than Hughts. But in terms of results he was crap until April 22 and within six months of then, he'd used that to f*** off to a bigger club - who sacked him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports