Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The pandemic saved Potter. Not just because he was able to keep us up in that “mini season” post-lockdown, but also because if we’d witnessed one home win in a calendar year in person the fans present would have turned on him IMHO.
Doesn't this go to show that fans don't always get it right?

Be shocked if it's McKenna, I just can't remember the last time we did business that was so quickly known about and reported on. I really do think it'll be a left field appointment again. Besides, if McKenna has been talking to us etc, would we really want to continue with him if he is just waiting for the best offer, it's either up the offer and be done with it, or just f*** him off and let him make his own mistakes. I'd like to think he would look at the bigger picture, but we'll see.

I'd rather we get a decent manager who is in it for the long run. RDZ would have been, he just obviously disagreed with TB after realising we weren't changing our structure, after maybe thinking it could be changed.

As for Chelsea, hmmm did they plan all of this? Or do you think they got rid of Poch coincidently, and are now being lazy and trying to jump on our deal? Either way, they are a f***ing bunch of filth. I can see them being shite again next year, what with Europa League etc, it's going to be AMAZING.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Doesn't this go to show that fans don't always get it right?
No, it goes to show that underperforming managers without fans on their backs get away with it sometimes. Let’s not forget we had a similar dire run a year later just before our April to September purple patch, and there was more than a little angst then. Had that carried on for a full year then who knows?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It saved Albion and Villa teams in shocking form, but buggered up flying Leicester, Wolves and Sheffield United.

View attachment 182877
The one that sticks in my mind is Watford - who seemed to spend the whole of lockdown moaning that they were all going to die and there was no point in anything anymore, and then (to the surprise of literally nobody) dropped into the relegation places after games resumed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Both the Journalists on SSN newspaper review seemed to think McKenna to us, Leicester bloke to Chelsea and frank to United

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The pandemic saved Potter. Not just because he was able to keep us up in that “mini season” post-lockdown, but also because if we’d witnessed one home win in a calendar year in person the fans present would have turned on him IMHO.
We were 15th when the league was suspended and 15th at the end. We’d gone 9 games without a win, but only lost 3, 4 home games without a win. Don’t remember feeling anyone was going to turn on him given the previous season and the progress that had been made.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
What a time to be an Albion fan, in for the same manager as possibly Chelsea and United. We are unlikely to be the winner if they are serious but how mad that we are even in the same conversation!

Dare I say that we have a better stadium too?

TB :bowdown:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
We were 15th when the league was suspended and 15th at the end. We’d gone 9 games without a win, but only lost 3, 4 home games without a win. Don’t remember feeling anyone was going to turn on him given the previous season and the progress that had been made.
Didn't we also come back from 0-2 down to beat Man City 3-2 at Home during that period? I managed to get tickets for that game and was one of my favourite Albion games, even if there was only 6/7k fans in the stadium!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Didn't we also come back from 0-2 down to beat Man City 3-2 at Home during that period? I managed to get tickets for that game and was one of my favourite Albion games, even if there was only 6/7k fans in the stadium!
I was there as well with my brother and one of my sons. There were 8000 fans spread around but we made a heck of a noise! One of my best ever games also.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
What a time to be an Albion fan, in for the same manager as possibly Chelsea and United. We are unlikely to be the winner if they are serious but how mad that we are even in the same conversation!

Dare I say that we have a better stadium too?

TB :bowdown:
It's a caveated conversation though.

We're in it because we're seen as the motorway service station stop on the way to his ultimate destination.

Bang on about the stadium though

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Maresca > Chelsea
Thomas (Frank or Tuchel) > United
McKenna > us
It's crazy that either Chelsea or United would consider a novice coach whose never managed a PL game.

Remember the days when even a decent PL manager was considered not experienced enough for Chelsea or United as they'd never managed in European competition.

It's nuts that Maresca and McKenna are so lauded for a good championship season as Iraola has been exceptional in PL and previously in Spain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here