We must move on!!
IMG_1081.jpeg
Agreed.

Edited for you 🙂

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gave him too much time to get us to 4th???? Weird!!!
Yes we should have got there sooner!!

I agree, very weird. It’s a credit to Bloom that he gave him the time. People saying this ‘emperor’s new clothes’ stuff don’t understand the work it took to convert a Chris Hughton style team into a possession based team, and how hard that is to do. Without Potter, there is absolutely no way RDZ could have done what he did with that team.

I still don’t want him back though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Give all this shite a miss and go and get a manager who would bite your hand off to join us even if its further down the pecking order.This is getting silly now.
Why is it 'getting silly'? You think Tony Bloom and Barber will be getting upset because a load of (mostly) middle aged blokes on North Stand Chat are confused about a situation where they are party to little or no information? They'll do it as and when they are ready and when they are happy with the appointment.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sorry old boy, you’re so very wide of the mark.

Bringing Potter back would be catastrophic, clearly not as bad as the Goldstone being sold but not far off it for a large number of supporters, myself included. (And by that I mean the respective ‘kicks in the bollocks’ both events represent)

Potter had three periods in his tenure where he could have legitimately been sacked, previous managers had gone for far less, he was truly ‘The Emperors New Clothes‘, thank god Chelsea took us off our hands and paid for the privilege.
The pandemic saved Potter. Not just because he was able to keep us up in that “mini season” post-lockdown, but also because if we’d witnessed one home win in a calendar year in person the fans present would have turned on him IMHO.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
There’s ’speculation’ about who we might sign and there’s making up entire narratives based on speculative names and agent‘s manipulation of the media/gossip.
It'll be who it'll be. It is what is is 😎 sensing the possible disappointment on McKenna and rumoured alternatives could make some a little fractious, but it been an interesting day... of speculation 😆

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk

Get them looking right while you go..............

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The pandemic saved Potter. Not just because he was able to keep us up in that “mini season” post-lockdown, but also because if we’d witnessed one home win in a calendar year in person the fans present would have turned on him IMHO.
Plenty of teams came back and played like absolute shite after the break that season.

And plenty of teams had weird home/away records while fans were away.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I’m not ashamed to say that after the Sheffield United home game when numbers were limited, I was shouting very loudly at Potter to resign and to f*** off and leave our club.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
McKenna is Manure.

Chelsea is his next training ground, unless they're that desperate after City win the cup that Maure come calling themselves.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Weak headline if the talks actually resulted in anything :shrug:
Not clear from that piece whether United instigated the talks, or his representatives were sounding them out to see if there's any likelihood of a job. These sort of chats must happen all the time between clubs and agents.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've lost sympathy for them...

View attachment 182872
The myth we got rid of De Zerbi to get McKenna is clearly going to take hold. I think we got rid of De Zerbi because it was obvious he was no longer on board with our way of doing things. The managerial appointment is a separate issue. If McKenna was lined up, they'd have announced him more or less straight away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here