Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My point was not that the Potter and Murray situations are the same but more about fans being fickle. Even though Murray would have stayed, the fact he went to Palace got him dog's abuse on here, it was vitriolic at the time.

But strangely not at games eg the Sept 11 derby at the Amex when he beasted Greer and Dunk for 90 minutes.

Highlighting our wider intelligent fan base, who sussed the truth.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Unless the club know that we really actually are in with a shout against Chelsea/Man U, it does feel like we should move on soon!

At the moment I'm just reminded of the Colwill situation last Summer; we tried admirably, but were just being used to ensure he got a good deal at Chelsea, then had egg on our face (when he said it was an easy decision/Chelsea was all he known) and we'd wasted valuable time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’ll be feeling like One Hag after hearing about these meetings. What a shit way to prepare for the final. I wonder who decided to undermine Man Utd’s preparation, their new ownership or KM’s people in an attempt to get more money out of TB?

11 years of own goals, on and off the pitch.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'm feeling dizzy with all this media speculation! Either that or it's my blood pressure......:moo:
It’s not the media speculation that’s making me dizzy - it’s the speculation on NSC!

Last I heard from Paul Barber about our next manager was on a presser where he flatly refused to disclose whether or not we were looking at McKenna and no where have I seen anything from the Club that we are even remotely considering having Potter back. 🙄

Well at least it’s keeping the possible player singing noise to a minimum 😅

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unless the club know that we really actually are in with a shout against Chelsea/Man U, it does feel like we should move on soon!

At the moment I'm just reminded of the Colwill situation last Summer; we tried admirably, but were just being used to ensure he got a good deal at Chelsea, then had egg on our face (when he said it was an easy decision/Chelsea was all he known) and we'd wasted valuable time.
Yeah, but you know literally zero about what is actually happening :lolol:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I’d be amazed if Man United, the second biggest team in the World, went for a manager who has not managed in the Premier League or a top league in Europe.
The fact that Chelsea are approaching Leicester for Maresca suggests that they are working on a contingency plan if they can’t get McKenna.
I’m sure we are working our way through our candidates too.
I wonder when our internal deadline is for moving on from KM.
for what it’s worth, the Man United fans up here in Manchester feel it’s a year or two early for McKenna. Many want him to stay at Ipswich, and then replace Ten Hag in a years time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here