Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Wes Tupper

Feb 27, 2024
I recall our improvement in form towards the end of the 21-22 season being attributed to a meeting with the players in which they expressed a desire to counter more quickly upon retrieving possession, rather than recycling via the defence. It certainly worked from both an entertainment and a results point of view. From that point, until his departure, we enjoyed a much upgraded form of Potterball.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I simply cannot see Potter returning to a 2 million a year from the f***-all or so a year he was on while on the dole.
Edited for you ???

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Will it really take ages to win the fans back? We had all this with Glen Murray, he scored 3 goals in his first 2 matches back at The Amex and his dalliance with Palace was forgiven. Let's remember here, it was his goals that took them up and they've not been relegated since, so a big deal.

I can see why Bloom would re-hire Potter - he is an excellent manager, and I can see why Potter would rejoin us - we are a great club with some cracking youngsters, Tony is not Todd Boehly, PBOBE is committed until 2030 and the best in class, he is settled in Sussex, is well rested and has a point to prove.

Apart from anything else, it would be great theatre and an intriguing prospect. I would not be surprised if the band got back together.

That said, I'd still prefer McKenna.
Theyre nothing alike mate. Murray was a player about to go out of contract and who wasnt particularly fancied by our manager. He wouldve likely stayed if we'd offered him a decent enough contract (which he deserved), 1 man, Gus Poyet called it wrong and Murray signed for a club who did want him and value him correctly.....as much as that grated. He was always respectful to us on leaving and scoring for his new employers.

Potter was given his chance in the PL here, he was often prickly with stupid comments like "history lesson", he was given extreme patience on horrific runs, we couldnt buy a goal for long spells and the way he left was totally wrong imho. He and his people, + Roberts and Bruno had clearly been tapped up in advance of the official approach (that came on a Tuesday), by Thursday he, and all his staff + Bruno/Roberts had all discussed it with families, negotiated all details, and all signed and left, leaving the club and our coaching set up with literally nothing.

No problem with the aspiration, big problem with the lack of integrity and entirely selfish methods.

The 2 situations are not equateable

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Will it really take ages to win the fans back? We had all this with Glen Murray, he scored 3 goals in his first 2 matches back at The Amex and his dalliance with Palace was forgiven. Let's remember here, it was his goals that took them up and they've not been relegated since, so a big deal.
Glenn Murray didn't bugger off of his own accord leaving us in the lurch. He would have stayed.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
"...Brighton will consider the return of Graham Potter." I mean that could just be a case of the board discussing "Graham Potter?
or it ‘could be a case of’ Brighton Bubble talking sh1te by retweeting click bait rumours and gossip read on NSC and elsewhere :lol:

Occam’s razor innit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Theyre nothing alike mate. Murray was a player about to go out of contract and who wasnt particularly fancied by our manager. He wouldve likely stayed if we'd offered him a decent enough contract (which he deserved), 1 man, Gus Poyet called it wrong and Murray signed for a club who did want him and value him correctly.....as much as that grated. He was always respectful to us on leaving and scoring for his new employers.

Potter was given his chance in the PL here, he was often prickly with stupid comments like "history lesson", he was given extreme patience on horrific runs, we couldnt buy a goal for long spells and the way he left was totally wrong imho. He and his people, + Roberts and Bruno had clearly been tapped up in advance of the official approach (that came on a Tuesday), by Thursday he, and all his staff + Bruno/Roberts had all discussed it with families, negotiated all details, and all signed and left, leaving the club and our coaching set up with literally nothing.

No problem with the aspiration, big problem with the lack of integrity and entirely selfish methods.

The 2 situations are not equateable

Yep. Muzza wanted to stay in his adopted city. Poyet didn’t warm to the man or rate him, ensuring that the club wouldn’t make him a decent Championship wages offer. At that time our managers had a huge say on such issues, there was a void until PB joined a year later, giving structure/control which went down badly with Poyet.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Actually that twat Romano has supposedly chimed in...
"Has offers from ITFC and BHAFC but is holding out for CFC"

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Sky are reporting that Man United met with McKenna's 'representatives' last week. Lots of if's incoming but...IF this is true and IF we are trying to get him and IF Chelsea are serious about him as well, should we just move on? This could take a while to play out and IF he has the choice of Chelsea, Man United and Brighton I am sure we stand no chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here