Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Look - it is what it is.
No it ain't, we can do better than him.

I will cancel my season ticket if that tw@t comes back, his boring, dull, uninspiring after match interviews, Gross would be off like a rocket.
I can't see most players welcoming him back at all.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I will cancel my season ticket if that tw@t comes back, his boring, dull, uninspiring after match interviews, Gross would be off like a rocket.
If the players don't want him back there's no chance that Bloom will bring him back. I'm 100% certain that Bloom knows exactly what the players think, and obvs that would be factored into any decision.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

One thing Gross has never done is go off like a rocket.

He’d probably just amble out, whilst calmly rescuing a cat from a tree and assisting an elderly woman across the street.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

It's a terrible idea, but seriously, why does how interesting a manager's post match interviews make a difference to anybody?

I don't think I ever bothered to watch any of Potters, and apart from a couple of De Zerbi's to see what all the fuss was about when people kept chaffing themselves over how much more interesting his were, I never bothered to watch any of his either.

Oh, apart from that one towards the end that everybody was complaining about to see if it was as outrageous as everybody seemed to think, and I was more bored than annoyed by the end of that one as well.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I just think Bloom would never go back to Potter.

Even if we failed to land targets A to Z, before the start of the season, we'd put together some kind of interim caretaker Crofts Calde type set up before we went back to him.

Feel free to bounce if i'm wrong, but i'll have probably drank myself into a coma so won't notice

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's a terrible idea, but seriously, why does how interesting a manager's post match interviews make a difference to anybody?

I don't think I ever bothered to watch any of Potters, and apart from a couple of De Zerbi's to see what all the fuss was about when people kept chaffing themselves over how much more interesting his were, I never bothered to watch any of his either.

Oh, apart from that one towards the end that everybody was complaining about to see if it was as outrageous as everybody seemed to think, and I was more bored than annoyed by the end of that one as well.
I think it's a huge part of it. Fans need to buy into the narrative the manager is selling.

Even if you never see the interview, if the manager is talking about players having big balls, you hear about it

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think it's a huge part of it. Fans need to buy into the narrative the manager is selling.

Even if you never see the interview, if the manager is talking about players having big balls, you hear about it
Yeah I heard all that about having big balls and other teams being able to buy our players and not our souls or whatever it was.

An attitude that seemed to disappear quite quickly when other clubs did in fact buy a couple of our better players. Not that it would have made anybody feel much better if he had been going on about big balls while getting the results we've had for the last few months.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From a personal perspective, I do watch the interviews and when he spoke it was to "me", dull and uninspiring, I would often think how does he come across in the dressing room? for me I would switch off, I do not find him motivating enough, again it is just a personal opinion and I do not claim to be right, I just simply do not like him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Indeed. And, most certainly, I recall one of the most dull of dullards, ever, winning the world cup as England manager. :shrug:

One thing that seems to be clear is that the media reporters have no clue whatsoever who we will appoint. As if Bloom give the press association an update on his and his team's pontifications every few hours. Sure. Christ. About as likely as a Sunk general election win.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex

I’m no fan of this move but not sure my dislike amounts to losing £650 or whatever a season ticket costs these days.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
From a personal perspective, I do watch the interviews and when he spoke it was to "me", dull and uninspiring, I would often think how does he come across in the dressing room? for me I would switch off, I do not find him motivating enough, again it is just a personal opinion and I do not claim to be right, I just simply do not like him.
To be fair to Potter in particular ("in particular" because I have much the same attitude with all managers), I did listen to a couple of interviews with him that he did away from the pre/post match routine and he always seemed much more engaged and interesting on those.*
Similarly De Zerbi always seems much more lively and engaged when he's interviewed in Italian, even if I've little idea what he's saying.

If you're wondering why I bothered listening to those interviews given my general lack of interest in his opinions, it was during covid and I must have finished reading my copy of Wisden 1981 for the third time in a row.

*I guess I must have bothered to listen to a couple of his post match interviews to form that opinion. Some of the lines like "anybody who doesn't rate Dan Burn knows nothing about football" were quite funny to be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here