Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It could be funny to look back on this in six months...

Hilarious as it obviously complete bollocks. Champion’s league form from the off or the manager is toast. Did Winstanley have any input into that ridiculous selling of the club

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If he goes to Chelsea will be interesting to see what sort of contract he gets. Obvs they got their fingers burned with Potter (6 years), so only gave Poch a short-term deal (2 years). I would imagine the discussions at the moment could be around a 3 year deal. If we are REALLY interested I would expect us to offer 4 years. But no doubt Chelsea would offer loads more dosh.
Yeah, but 3-4 years here on, say, £4m a year vs. 6 months at Chelsea on £12m a year and not having to work for the next 3 years.

Also, as they're run by idiots, nobody leaves there with any damage to their brand. Potter's stock is still pretty high, Tuchel went to Bayern, Poch ended up doing a good job... It's only Lampard that got worse, and that's because he's just not a very good manager.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Or a great time as there are lots of available managers on the move.

They just aren't moving to us.

Part of me thinks that this is like a game of musical chairs where the music has stopped at just the wrong time. The more sensible part is thinking it's very early days. There's a tournament this summer, more managers will come available. And the only evidence that we were ever in for any of the linked manager's anyway is twitter rumour
................ and the only remaining option is to sit on the lap of Russell f*cking Martin

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ajax isnt done yet (looks at Alex Pritchard file).

The probem though is self evident. If we thought we could get McKenna and put our eggs in this basket, Fatboy Boehly has yet again got word, turned up in his Dick Turpin outfit with sacks more cash, and the longer we dither, the other decent options disappear (if that is cubs direction, which of course it may never have been!)
I don't think we should be panicking.

I don't think us or Chelsea see it as McKenna or nothing.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I wonder if our succession planning now includes dealing with Chelsea piggybacking anyone we’re after

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Which makes me wonder why we let Sam Jewell leave before the end of the season/summer transfer window. The deal was agreed so he could officially join Chelsea a couple of weeks ago (and take our secrets with him). Why not drag it out a bit longer?
I was under the impression he had been placed on gardening leave and would not assume the job until the end of the transfer window. Was this never the case?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
They actually just sold the training ground to themselves to not breach FFP.
It used to be owned by an entity along the lines of 'Chelsea training' which was dissolved. I read that there may be issues as to who actually owned the land after it was dissolved. As all assets become Crown property

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Given a choice of him, Southgate, Martin, Moyes or Rosenior I am all in on that! Doubt he’d agree to it though

Exactly.

I suspect GP has a reasonable ego…

Okay Graham, you’re plan D - do you want in ?

Hmmmmmm - not a chance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
to be fair, he has got european experience now......
He did have before. Ostersands beat Arsenal in the Europa League under him.

Hi also has 'failing to win many games at home, seven defeats in a row and taking half our club to Chelsea' experience FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here