Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I think it makes perfect sense that his stock is higher after a promotion campaign, than after a relegation or relegation battle season. Perfect example, Steve Cooper. He was linked with us, palace and various other prem clubs after getting promotion. And that interested gradually disappeared despite keeping forest up.
True, Kompany’s stock has also fallen, as has, dare I say it, RDZ’s in the last three months. You are only as good as your recent results.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
He's been there 2.5 years. I'm sure someone on here said two years was average.
You are right on both points. I think it was quoted that if you took out the length of service of Guardiola and Klopp it might be even less than two years.,

Like "WhingForPresident " I thankyou for a reasoned response as
opposed to the ignorant reply on post 464 who is merely expressing a bit of bullying as a poor moderator. I'm not the first to be stalked by him and I doubt I will be the last.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ipswich manager Kieran McKenna is likely to reject any new deal amid interest from Chelsea and Brighton.

The 38-year-old is also believed to be under consideration by Manchester United if they decide to make a change with Erik ten Hag’s future in doubt.

McKenna – who is contracted to Ipswich until 2027 - is ambitious and is understood to be keen to take the next step in his career.

Talks with Ipswich are likely to take place this week and the Tractor Boys are expected to offer McKenna a new deal to convince him to stay at Portman Road.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Chelsea or Man U he would have to take . He might never get the chance again .

Us v Ipswich . Much of a much

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
😊

Attachments

• IMG_6852.jpeg
    IMG_6852.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 74

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think Albion have always been #1 to get McKenna and i'd say its looking more and more likely.
And PS: convinced they were never interested in Farioli - who clearly is going elsewhere.
Agree. It's probably McKennas agent linking him with Chelsea and utd to get more money from us !

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think we will be gazumped on McKenna, time to move on down that list I fear Tony!
I think McKenna genuinely wants the Man Utd job.
They won’t let him have it now as they’ll surely be after experience of handling ‘big players’ and ‘European football’ once Ten Hag becomes Ten Gone later this month.

To get there, does he risk managing then getting sacked after 6 months at clusterfudge Chelsea or developing his career at a slower rate with us but one that will surely make him a much better prospect for the future?

I think he may well opt to have 3 or 4 years with us until Man Utd come knocking once they’ve sacked Ten Gone’s replacement’s replacement in a few years.

Reactions: cjd

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Agree. It's probably McKennas agent linking him with Chelsea and utd to get more money from us !
The bookies are making a killing with punters betting on De Zerbi to Chelsea and Ravioli to us. Some think those two things pasta happen but I’d bet more than a penne they don’t!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Chelsea have intensified their search for Mauricio Pochettino’s replacement by making checks on Leicester’s Enzo Maresca, but candidates for the job believe that Ipswich’s Kieran McKenna is the favourite to take over at Stamford Bridge.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Chelsea have intensified their search for Mauricio Pochettino’s replacement by making checks on Leicester’s Enzo Maresca, but candidates for the job believe that Ipswich’s Kieran McKenna is the favourite to take over at Stamford Bridge.
this is from The Guardian via https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...t-kieran-mckenna-favoured-for-managerial-role

it also says "the 38-year-old, who could stay at Ipswich after taking them into the Premier League, is also the leading candidate to replace Roberto De Zerbi at Brighton "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here