Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And.. ...Chelsea want a young dynamic manager. Poch is 50? Roberto is 46 and Kieran is what in his 30s. Brighton interested so let's get him before we have to pay Brighton for him!
Who said they want a young dynamic manager ?
They want success and they want it NOW, they have tried young and errr boring as feck, they will go cap in hand back to Thomas Tuchel.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I agree with this. McKenna would take Chelsea if offered now 100%.

My only thought is that Ipswich fans speak so highly of their CEO and how his brilliant set up helps KM. The way they speak him up isn't dissimilar to Barber and our set-up (but we are obviously years ahead right now), so it would be quite seamless for him with an upgrade in facilities, club staff and players. Chelsea - whatever the riches on the pitch - are a shambles in set up and the support they offer, especially to a young up and coming manager. If he's smart (which I gather he is) he'd realise that.

Plus, if his ultimate aim is Man U, going first to Chelsea - a fellow big six rival - would tarnish that.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
My only thought is that Ipswich fans speak so highly of their CEO and how his brilliant set up helps KM. The way they speak him up isn't dissimilar to Barber and our set-up (but we are obviously years ahead right now), so it would be quite seamless for him with an upgrade in facilities, club staff and players. Chelsea - whatever the riches on the pitch - are a shambles in set up and the support they offer, especially to a young up and coming manager. If he's smart (which I gather he is) he'd realise that.

Plus, if his ultimate aim is Man U, going first to Chelsea - a fellow big six rival - would tarnish that.
I just think if they offer him a £5m+ contract all those doubts will magically wash away

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

McKenna is already mates with barber.

I don't see Chelsea going for him. I would be absolutely shocked if they appointed him. They need someone to handle the egos first and foremost, tactics are secondary when you have that much talent.

Nicks

If he goes to Chelsea he is guaranteed mega bucks and an owner who is basically clueless and doesn't know the meaning of patience and if it goes tits up his reputation will take a big hit.

If he does come here he will have a chairman who has the patience of a saint compared to Chelsea and will be given time to bed in and also build his reputation even higher and also knowing we won't stand in his way if the so called top teams come calling in a couple of years.

Bit of a no brainer really .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If he goes to Chelsea he is guaranteed mega bucks and an owner who is basically clueless and doesn't know the meaning of patience and if it goes tits up his reputation will take a big hit.

If he does come here he will have a chairman who has the patience of a saint compared to Chelsea and will be given time to bed in and also build his reputation even higher and also knowing we won't stand in his way if the so called top teams come calling in a couple of years.

Logically it is a no brainer, but the world and folks are not logical, look at the state of the world at the moment

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Money trumps all.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
McKenna is already mates with barber.

I don't see Chelsea going for him. I would be absolutely shocked if they appointed him. They need someone to handle the egos first and foremost, tactics are secondary when you have that much talent.
Have we not learned anything but to expect Chelsea to do the absolute mental thing that everyone thinks would be a bad idea by this point?

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Money trumps all.
Maybe but ego and self belief are also great motivators, if he believes he can turn the Chelsea Circus into ECL or a domestic trophy winning side then that will affect his decision. That may change after a week when the owners start planning his team talks and team selection.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Have we not learned anything but to expect Chelsea to do the absolute mental thing that everyone thinks would be a bad idea by this point?
This. Boehly thinks it’s all some huge game of 4D chess and he has to make these outlandish acts to set himself apart from traditional football club owners and their methods of ownership. His statements before taking over constantly talked about innovation and shaking up the game.

I think he gets a bit of a kick out of doing the unexpected - which is usually a great thing for me as someone who hates Chelsea and their vile supporters - because it consistently fails.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Don’t think his reputation takes too much of a hit tbh unless he has an absolute stinker there.

Everyone is waking up to how much of a basket case that club is. The more managers they burn through, the better the managers look in hindsight.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Many young managers with real potential have 'f*****' their careers by taking the wrong job at the wrong time, Michael Appleton, Darren Ferguson even to a degree Nathan Jones, given the back story the money that Chelsea have on offer still shouldn't be enough to lure McKenna, until the ownership changes off the field it will contnue to be a sh**show.

I'm still hoping that McKenna's Uncle was putting us off the scent in 1901 on Sunday, talk of loyalty being in his footballing DNA and unfinished business at Portman Road etc.

If it was a red herring it was a f****** good one, lets hope it was!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Aspinall made a good point that McKenna won’t have made the money the top managers and former players have banked. So Albion’s salary would be very attractive. Chelsea’s even more so, no doubt.

He’d be nuts to go there really. A club that wants to develop young talent long term but also demands that those kids qualify for the Champions League. We’re a much better fit, which usually counts for very little, sadly.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Listening on 5Live this morning, the breakdown between Poch and Boehly was in many was similar to RDZ and Bloom. Strategic direction.

That Poch wanted more managerial control over transfers and running of club where Chelsea just want a coach to train the players they buy in their ordained structure.

Another reason, why suggesting Poch to us is lunacy, and why it won't likely be Tuchel or the special one pt3.

Boehly doesn't want a manager, he wants a yes man coach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here