Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
How much of Nice’s recent lack of goals is down to his tactics and how much due to injuries to key players, players missing chances ( not achieving their expected goals) etc.
He does seem to have a more structured approach to defending than RDZ.
I’m sure we will have lots of data on Nice and that if he is being interviewed there will be a range of questions being asked about tactics and man management.
It does appear that he doesn’t seem to stay anywhere for very long. I know RDZ didn’t but he did have three consistently good years at Sassuolo.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At least with McKenna - there's some decent reporting that he's favoured by the Albion both in the past and also now that RDZ has gone. Hard to tell if it will stand up but it makes sense.
Anyone else - is wild and utter speculation - with nothing really other than they are mates with Di Zerbi, some connection in the past to the Albion, some highly dubious social media "reporting" and are available. (eg: Martin, Rosenior, Farioli, Potter) . You might just as well throw in Moyes, Lallana and Bruno too just for kicks.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
40 goals in 34 league matches for Nice this season doesn't scream attacking football IMO.
Very much agreed, but I've been wondering why RDZ would recommend him in that case.

This led me to going down a bit of a Farioli rabbit hole, from which you see there are plenty of articles about his attacking, possession based football, especially in Turkey.

What I would say is that none of it seems to have been that successful, and that we might be getting the Sorcerers Apprentice, when the Sorcerer has just been worked out.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Farioli was 11-2 yesterday and today was down to 7/4. Those odds no longer available, from what I see. 6/4 best odds.

I do have a feeling that someone will be in place by the weekend. He said hopefully.

TNBA

TTF

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’ve gone from being convinced McKenna wouldn’t jump ship to thinking he might, and my opinion on Farioli over the last few days = a full-scale hokey-cokey.

Frankly, I can’t handle the suspense. I trust the club to make a good appointment and will wait for the announcement like everyone else.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve gone from being convinced McKenna wouldn’t jump ship to thinking he might, and my opinion on Farioli over the last few days = a full-scale hokey-cokey.

Frankly, I can’t handle the suspense. I trust the club to make a good appointment and will wait for the announcement like everyone else.
I've gone from not having a f***ing clue to not having a f***ing clue and knowing that the media don't have a f***ing clue.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The idea that Albion are going to hire a coach on the basis of RDZ's recommendation. (if he even did do that - says unreliable Twitter account and nobody else) is a very far far fetched to say the least.
Yes, let's ditch that succession planning with its detailed data, character profile and broader astute analysis for someone saying 'I like this coach'.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I just want someone with the defensive solidity of Potter and the attacking funtime of De Zerbi. Too much to ask?
I’d settle for the defensive solidity of Potter and the scoring-for-fun attack of Potter’s last 14-15 games in charge.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This is the thing
Very much agreed, but I've been wondering why RDZ would recommend him in that case.

This led me to going down a bit of a Farioli rabbit hole, from which you see there are plenty of articles about his attacking, possession based football, especially in Turkey.

What I would say is that none of it seems to have been that successful, and that we might be getting the Sorcerers Apprentice, when the Sorcerer has just been worked out.
This is the thing. If you’re going to just go with the apprentice then surely better just to keep the main man. Doesn’t make much sense to me.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Old Carthusians are bigger team than us. They won the FA Cup in 1881. Let's hope they're not looking to sign him as manager.
Don't waste your time arguing with that fella. He's had more than just his soul fingered, judging by misery that comes through on his posting on this thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here