[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Yes. Which can be moved substantially by speculative media reports and often - thinly sourced social media posts. It’s all froth basically.

Exactly! If there was any reliability about it, our manager for the past two years would have been the odds on favourite Franck Haise.... Rather that 12/1 RDZ (who at the time was as likely as Bruno Saltor).

IMG-20220914-WA0003(2).jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Try telling that to Leeds supporters...
Leeds are slightly different, because its one of the biggest cities in the UK - indeed the biggest city in England to have only one football team. So they will always be a big club by virtue of their supporter base, and I haven't a problem with that. An Ipswich, a Derby, a Leicester or a Huddersfield - they need to keep winning to maintain a big club status - stop winning they fall down the pecking order very quickly.

I’d prefer Farioli.

McKenna’s achievement is amazing, but I wonder if the jump from League One to Premier League is just a step too far. It’s a gamble.

If Farioli can be convinced by Tony’s plan and isn’t committed to other jobs, then I’d go there first. He has that little more experience.
Absolutely this was my thoughts too when I first heard the names. But thankfully being a football fan I'm allowed to be as fickle as hell and now I'd be disappointed if it wasn't McKenna :lolol:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
The only Brighton team to ever get relegated from the top flight, distracted by the lure of Wembley! Ipswich have had some good runs up there, but have been relegated from the top flight on four separate occasions

They finished in the top five of the top division each season for a decade.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’d prefer Farioli.

McKenna’s achievement is amazing, but I wonder if the jump from League One to Premier League is just a step too far. It’s a gamble.

If Farioli can be convinced by Tony’s plan and isn’t committed to other jobs, then I’d go there first. He has that little more experience.
I’m still genuinely confused by these opinions on Farioli. I don’t profess to be an expert on French football, and I doubt many on here are. But as far as I can see the jump from mid Ligue 1 to PL is as big as top end Champ to PL (look at Baleba), and Farioli’s sides barely score any goals. Why is everyone so excited about him? Is it because we’re still in mourning for having an Italian hipster manager with a sexy name?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I’m still genuinely confused by these opinions on Farioli. I don’t profess to be an expert on French football, and I doubt many on here are. But as far as I can see the jump from mid Ligue 1 to PL is as big as top end Champ to PL (look at Baleba), and Farioli’s sides barely score any goals. Why is everyone so excited about him? Is it because we’re still in mourning for having an Italian hipster manager with a sexy name?
have to agree. his style of play isn’t as exciting and he’s quite risk averse.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’d prefer Farioli.

His style doesn’t seem to suit us at all. Ultra defensive approach. I just don’t understand the people saying we should go for him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Where do people get this stuff? He's De. Zerbi's former assistant and prioritises attacking football and beating the press.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having not watched Nice much this season - make that not at all - I think this is just proving you can find anything you like on the internet if you look hard enough :lolol:

Here for instance, his former side Alanyaspor tells a different story.

"As Alanyaspor progress into more advanced phases of possession, they maintain a similar approach, albeit with a few additions. Despite being a possession-heavy side, Farioli’s side has a dangerous verticality to them. They average a high 78.7 progressive passes per 90, and as they progress into the opposition half, they are constantly looking to attack the depth"

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports