Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
43 years ago and 47 years ago respectively.

Oxford University are also FA Cup winners, are they a bigger club than us too yeah?
Ipswich, in the second tier of English football, regularly sell out a 30k stadium, something we often fail to do in the top flight, even with the help of big six plastic fans in the home stands. To describe us as a 'much bigger club' than them is absurd imho.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Ipswich, in the second tier of English football, regularly sell out a 30k stadium, something we often fail to do in the top flight, even with the help of big six plastic fans in the home stands. To describe us as a 'much bigger club' than them is absurd imho.
They're averaging about 500 more fans than when we were in the Championship.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
43 years ago and 47 years ago respectively.

Oxford University are also FA Cup winners, are they a bigger club than us too yeah?
They were selling out the ground in the Div 3

Historically, they are a bigger club than us. After a season upstairs they'll be about the same level. It's obviously different now.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Anyway, away from the 'which team is bigger' sh1t debate.........................

I was told over 6 months ago by a journalist* very much in the know in a face-to-face conversation that KM was at the top of the club's wish list for the next manager in after de Zerbi.

However, with Ipswich's promotion, I personally think we've got little chance as he'll want to stay and complete the project/journey (whatever the current buzzword is!)

*P.S It was a journalist working for a national newspaper NOT Naylor !
Agree. That is one dumb and irrelevant conversation.

The fact Utd seem to be sniffing around McKenna says to me, we've little chance.

The most likely scenario is that he stays at Ipswich and gives it a year there

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agree. That is one dumb and irrelevant conversation.

The fact Utd seem to be sniffing around McKenna says to me, we've little chance.

The most likely scenario is that he stays at Ipswich and gives it a year there
There is no evidence of that, apart from media chat. Same as all these jobs RDZ was primed for.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I hope not

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
...and they all did join them, so their "arrogance" was clearly justified.

It's just a fact, we're a much bigger club than Ipswich, just like Chelsea are a much bigger club than us.
Not sure about that mate. Without a qualified 'at the moment'

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
While Ipswich have looked pretty impressive, lets not forget McKenna has very little experience. It would be a massive risk for him and for us if we were to take a punt (and him accept). I would welcome him of course, but I just don't think he would come right now. After promotion just seems like a proper weird time to do it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Despite having a 29k stadium throughout, their support very much comes and goes. Are you thinking of Norwich or Leeds?

IMG_2088.png

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
He'd be smart to jump ship now. Always best to leave a job whilst you're riding a high, he won't be so highly sought after when he gets sacked next season in the bottom 3.
Hmm see it both ways. Everyone will expect them to go down. Luton have gone down but they went down fighting with some stand our results including a certain 4-0. Rob Edwards stock is still as high as ever despite relegation.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Anyone thinking McKenna wouldn't consider us needs a fat headwobble. We are light years ahead of Ipswich in terms of development, infrastructure, budget, squad and academy not to mention an established PL team having just completed our first season in Europe with good grades and another respectable PL finish. Any young manager would relish the prospect of managing us unless they are already at a very good PL club. Ipswich are on a huge steep learning curve next season and given a choice of stepping into a job where its already setup and years down the line of PL development with a massive wage increase and all that comes with managing Brighton versus staying at Ipswich who are guaranteed to struggle from the off I would be surprised if he didn't want to talk to us if interested

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I would expect him to want to continue at Ipswich. He’s devoted a lot of time and effort to getting them to the Prem, why would he want to leave now, just as he's stepping through those big golden gates?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Two promotions in two seasons with Ipswich sounds like the sort of person TB and PB go for has a degree in sports science, mostly played football for reserves injuries forced early retirement, did well with youth coaching before becoming a first team coach at Man United then head coach at Ipswich, where players say his coaching is progressive and focused on the tactics of the team they will next play and how they will defeat them.
could he be another one club man such as Nathan Jones or would he want to see if he can keep Ipswich up.
time will tell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here