Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kids at footy

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
What's a suitable age to take a small child to his first Albion game? I went when I was seven, which seemed a good age, but my little lad is coming up to 5, and I'm thinking of taking him to Rotherham on Saturday, as otherwise I'll be travelling on my own. Surely I won't have to pay for such a small child, but will be able to push him through the turnstiles as I go through? Anyone has xperience of such things?

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
I took my son (3) to Coventry last season when it was ticket only. My wife and I had pre-bought tickets so they let me just carry him through. I would say if you approach the chief steward politely you should have no problems, probably very dependent on the specific club.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Depends on the kid and their attention span.

Took mine at 5 to his first game last year. To be honest, it was probably a bit early for him as although he enjoys playing football he doesn't sit and watch games on the TV. That said, he got through the Worthing friendly okay the other week and I might take him to the Gills game as we might have a spare.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I'm taking my 8 year old daughter to Upton Park on the 12th Aug when we play Olympiakos in a friendly. It'll be her first visit.

Not expected to be a full house or to loud so she should hopefully enjoy the day better

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
took my son to hull last year,1st away game for him,we drove up,with 5 mates,he loved it age 8.wasnt a bad game for him to go to,nice grouind,enjoyable game etc.i had taken him when he was 5 to withdean,but he wasnt interested,best to take them when they want,not when you want

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I am a bit of an expert on this, but then young Emily went to her first game at 5 days old!

The earlier you take them, the earlier they get used to it. Emily never wanted to run around, she just sat on my lap & watched the game (when she wasn't fast asleep). By the time she was 20 months old she was really into the swing of things & said the F word for the first time:ohmy:

As for tickets, different local authorities have different policies. The London Boroughs always said that if you were going into a game you had to have a ticket for a seat, even if you weren't big enough to sit in it.

Up & until Emily was about 5 I only bought a ticket for a game that was likely to be sold out, but after I stopped being able to pick her up I would buy her a ticket, or be prepard to pay for her if the turnstile operator wouldn't let her in for nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here