Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Khan Vs Brook - Fight Night

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Personally, I believe Kell would have died in that ring before throwing in the towel against Khan.

Absolutely no way Kell went in there with one once of thought about losing to Khan.

Hopefully he now retires, and signs off on his swansong victory.

Well done Kell, you've earnt it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good night of boxing that.

Sat watching it with the boy from the moment we got in from football. Takeaway, couple of cans for me and lots of boxing. I totally understand those who reap the cheapskate reward with IPTV at the risk of a buffering stream but, for me, that £20.95 PPV represented far better value than the pro rata cost of the dross the Albion served up earlier in the day.

D

Deleted member 2719

Also in those days, without the plethora of channels we have now, when you went into work the next morning everybody (well, OK, mostly just the men) would be talking about it. Boxing may be bigger money-wise now, but it's not such a BIG part of everyday life as it used to be.
Yes, it was quite a topic of conversation. I probably knew the vast majority of fighter towards the top end back then, how many could I name now? Not many, I was glued to the boxing in the 70s to the early 90s. I feel a lot people have been robbed from watching one of the best sports on the planet.
It's FB feed watching the cage fighting and gypsies in the street now for me.

hesgoalstv is your friend, google it
Tried that yesterday with the Albion, but as blockers and buffering, forced me just to listen to radio Sussex only.
Is there a secret to watching it interrupted?

Not strange at all. Tonight’s fight is £20.95 which sounds a lot but is nothing compared to what people pay for tickets to be there and the travel, booze etc on the night out itself.

Three pints in a Brighton boozer will now set you back nearly 18 quid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£21 notes to watch what could be KO in the first! if it was pay by the mins you watch that may tease me in.
£6 for a beer is so steep, if the boozer is giving some entertainment or it's prematch with some atmosphere, maybe.
I just like value for money and I know it's meldrew like but wasting money has never appealed to me since I was in my early 20s.
It's ironic that working men in Brighton a left-biased city will do this. I would have thought this luxury leisure cash would be going on a D/D to save the common rat campaign.:lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yes, it was quite a topic of conversation. I probably knew the vast majority of fighter towards the top end back then, how many could I name now? Not many, I was glued to the boxing in the 70s to the early 90s. I feel a lot people have been robbed from watching one of the best sports on the planet.
It's FB feed watching the cage fighting and gypsies in the street now for me.

Tried that yesterday with the Albion, but as blockers and buffering, forced me just to listen to radio Sussex only.
Is there a secret to watching it interrupted?

£21 notes to watch what could be KO in the first! if it was pay by the mins you watch that may tease me in.
£6 for a beer is so steep, if the boozer is giving some entertainment or it's prematch with some atmosphere, maybe.
I just like value for money and I know it's meldrew like but wasting money has never appealed to me since I was in my early 20s.
It's ironic that working men in Brighton a left-biased city will do this. I would have thought this luxury leisure cash would be going on a D/D to save the common rat campaign.:lolol:

Don't need politics on a boxing thread, thanks Mouldy.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Flight got delayed so everything was done and dusted by the time we reached Malaga?

Did Khan just not turn up?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Hopefully they will both retire now, nothing out there for either of them.
Eubank Jr and Conor Benn lining up wanting a fight with Brook.

Brook should retire, he has been world champion, and beaten Khan. He's had both of his eye sockets reconstructed. He has nothing left to prove, and only his bank balance would be a consideration for future fights at this point.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Flight got delayed so everything was done and dusted by the time we reached Malaga?

Did Khan just not turn up?
Brook went in with such will and determination to win that there was nothing Khan could have done to win.

Timing beats speed, Brook still had power in his shots.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Brook should retire, he has been world champion, and beaten Khan. He's had both of his eye sockets reconstructed. He has nothing left to prove, and only his bank balance would be a consideration for future fights at this point.

If Brook carried on , money would not be the main consideration.
These people are a different breed to you and I. They are ultra competitive warriors with the egos to believe they are the very best.
In some ways Khan is in a favourable position - he knows he’s done.
For Kell, there will always be questions if he doesn’t fight again.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

As a Brighton based fight fan I'd like to see Eubank fight Brook at the Brighton Centre!

As a human being I hope Brook retires.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Brook was so much stronger. A natural WW. His big regret before last night was not beating Khan so, I hope, now he has that out of his system, he retires. Can only lose against Benn or Eubank. What would winning do for him?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
As a Brighton based fight fan I'd like to see Eubank fight Brook at the Brighton Centre!

As a human being I hope Brook retires.
I hope he retires, he has had both eye sockets reconstructed! Imagine if he came up against a hard hitting opponent?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hopefully they will both retire now, nothing out there for either of them.

definitely over for Khan, if you saw his face and ears after the fight, he looked proper beaten up.

conversely Brook didnt have a mark and just looked like he'd been out for a jog...... Brook will have options, but does he want or need it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here