Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keyboard for iMac?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
It is possible to have a Delete key by pressing Fn + Backspace.
Also, why type when you can talk? Press Fn twice and talk to your Mac.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm typing this on my MacBook Air. The keyboard is extraordinarily good. Next to me if my work HP laptop which has a dreadful keyboard. I use it far more and it still feels poor when compared to the MacBook Air.

(I couldn't tell you when I last used a desktop keyboard)

At a previous firm I worked for staff were banned from using a laptop to work on when in the office unless using a docking station and separate keyboard, and for those of us who worked for home we were given a small frame/stand and keyboard to use. The laptop was deemed ok to use when out and about with clients for presentations and on site bits of work, but not for extended use.

http://ergo.human.cornell.edu/culaptoptips.html

u9y8y7yq.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Next to me if my work HP laptop which has a dreadful keyboard.

well laptop keyboards in general are poor, so its not a high bar. confined as they are to depth and dimensions. the mac keyboards here are better then many, but my current Dell is one of the most tolerable ive used in a decade. i type here on a old (PS/2) Compaq keyboard with a loverly soft but responsive action, decent spacing, full size backspace, high return, but not too noisey. one thing i will credit Apple for was the trend for the well spaced keys which work better on laptops. generally their keyboards try to be too compact for something that just doesnt need to be crammed in. let us not forget the hockypuck mouse, that abomination that was the "pro" mouse (never a poorer named device) and then there was the scroll wheel...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here