Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Kevin Spacey.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I had read his statement and was fairly puzzled by it. I believe he has been openly living with a male partner for some time.

I'm not using that in any way to excuse what might have happened 40 years ago.

From the article (it may have been an addition because I'm not actually sure I was it there this morning):

Spacey, a double Oscar winner, star of Netflix series House of Cards and former artistic director of London's Old Vic theatre, was asked in 2010 why he did not acknowledge his homosexuality.

"People have different reasons for the way they live their lives," he told the Daily Beast. "It's just a line I've never crossed and never will."

Until he was accused of making a sexual advance toward a child.

That may be, but it just seems to have no relevance to the 'sexual assualt' claim being made against him.

This.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Ok any rape or sexual assaults shall now not go to court, because the alleged perpetrator has no recollection.

There you go solved for you.

I fail to see why so many people are seemingly defending him or offering up excuses. Is it because it is male on male ?

I am joking. Obviously we've all been there (no recollection of a night out (& 30+ years ago) - not molesting juveniles obviously)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ok any rape or sexual assaults shall now not go to court, because the alleged perpetrator has no recollection.

There you go solved for you.

I fail to see why so many people are seemingly defending him or offering up excuses. Is it because it is male on male ?

No one has seriously suggested that though, have they?

I’m not so sure what’s so puzzling about that part of the statement. He doesn’t remember it taking place due to the time elapsed and the amount he had to drink, but, if it did happen then he is very sorry for it. I’d struggle to remember everything I did pissed 30 years ago (although I do find it a stretch to think he would forget molesting a child)

Doesn’t mean I think he shouldn’t be held to account. Doesn’t mean i think it’s less serious because it’s male on male or he’s drunk,

I find the rest of the statement is particularly puzzling mind.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oh how righteous we all get in hindsight. I very much doubt IDs were being requested, and ages being verified at the party, and I've seen nothing to suggest that Spacey knew the age of the boy at the time.

If any of us, when in our 50's have someone suggest that 30 years prior we'd tried it on with them while drunk at a party, and they were under age, how would we react? Could we so be adamant that it is a lie that we turn around and say "Absolutely NOT, that certainly NEVER happened" or would we be incredibly sorry if our actions 30 years ago, while drunk, had upset or offended anyone.

Not quite sure what some people expect him to have said about it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I seem to recall an incident some 20 years or so back when Kevin Spacey managed to injure himself tripping over his dog at ridiculous o'clock on some London common....that was mysterious....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I seem to recall an incident some 20 tears or so back when Kevin Spacey managed to injure himself tripping over his dog at ridiculous o'clock on some London common....that was mysterious....

see link attached to post 1 fella.

More relevant is the fact he admitted lying about the incident, now it makes you wonder if there was more to the previous story.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Oh how righteous we all get in hindsight. I very much doubt IDs were being requested, and ages being verified at the party, and I've seen nothing to suggest that Spacey knew the age of the boy at the time.

If any of us, when in our 50's have someone suggest that 30 years prior we'd tried it on with them while drunk at a party, and they were under age, how would we react? Could we so be adamant that it is a lie that we turn around and say "Absolutely NOT, that certainly NEVER happened" or would we be incredibly sorry if our actions 30 years ago, while drunk, had upset or offended anyone.

Not quite sure what some people expect him to have said about it.

I think what he said was reasonable, However I don't like how he has tried to move away from that story by coming out as openly gay.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think what he said was reasonable, However I don't like how he has tried to move away from that story by coming out as openly gay.

I know what you mean, but I'm not sure he meant it that way. If that was the claim against me, I could comfortably say that it was not me, or didn't happen, as that is not my sexuality. Not the case with Kevin, so it seemed a logical thing to confirm, and as he has been openly in a relationship with a man, he probably didn't think that it would divert from the main story. Not exactly H from Steps coming out, but still pretty lacking in shock value.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I seem to recall an incident some 20 years or so back when Kevin Spacey managed to injure himself tripping over his dog at ridiculous o'clock on some London common....that was mysterious....

If there was a park in London where women offered free sex in the bushes to men, there would be a queue all the way to Newcastle.

Isn’t there a “Hold my dog” gag in there somewhere as well .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Spacey's sexuality has always been one of those "open secret" things: he's never publicly acknowledged being gay before today, and I think in fact has on occasion previously denied it, but nonetheless you could easily have found the rumours if you'd googled his name. Hence the public scepticism about his unfortunate incident in a particular London park that also happens to be known for cruising.

I know not nor care not who Mr Spacey chooses to sleep with on a consensual basis, for what it's worth: it's entirely his business (and that includes whether he goes cruising or not too), but I do think his "coming out" statement today feels particularly badly thought through, as it rather comes across as "yeah, sorry about maybe molesting a child a few years ago, but in my defence, I am gay".

Which, firstly, is not in the slightest bit a defence to sex abuse, and secondly, has the doubly unfortunate side effect of pandering to those small-minded few who still insist on equating homosexuality with paedophilia.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it has been fairly common lnowledge for a long time that he is gay. He has not used it to "come out".
Admittedly I'm not one for having an interest in other people's sexuality (as it's nothing to do with me), but I had no idea he was gay. To me (and it's just my slightly-jaundiced opinion) it does sound a little bit like he's throwing it out there as a desperate form of last-ditch defence: "Hey, I've just confirmed publicly I'm gay, so any criticism of my sexual behaviour is homophobic."

EDIT: Edna has said it better than me in the post above.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Now Kevin Spacey is facing a backlash for rather flippant comments regarding an alleged incident involving an at the time 14 year old boy.

http://news.sky.com/story/kevin-spa...ash-over-teen-sex-harassment-apology-11105672

He at first implies he does not recall the incident, then apologises for inappropriate drunken behaviour....

Eh.... how does that work.... You don't recall the incident, but do remember that you were drunk....
Get your excuse in, just in case..

The arrogance of these rich people, they think they can square things away with a preemptive apology and an excuse...

Does this make you wonder if there was more to this story at the time ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-300673/Spacey-comes-clean-mugging.html

Playing devils advocate for a mo...you molested me, 30 years ago, we met once when I came to your house. Now prove you didn’t. Oh, and you’re famous so the onus is on you to prove you’re innocent...already millions think you’re a paedo btw...just saying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you molested me, 30 years ago, we met once when I came to your house. Now prove you didn’t. Oh, and you’re famous so the onus is on you to prove you’re innocent...already millions think you’re a paedo btw
That's libel! And Psychobilly is only 34 tears old, so if something happened between the two of you when he was 4, I put the blame on you!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I haven't trusted Spacey since he pushed Zoe Barnes under a Washington DC metro train.

IMG_2248.PNG

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's libel! And Psychobilly is only 34 tears old, so if something happened between the two of you when he was 4, I put the blame on you!

Perhaps it is if you miss out the start of my sentence...!

My earlier post alluded to my overall point: I think Spacey has been quite brave admitting something he may or may not have done, so long ago, on face value. Of course the majority of those commenting have already condemned him with their star witness appearing to be ‘no smoke without fire’ and P’billy comment seemed to be along these lines, casting casual judgement as has become normal these days. Trial by social media is the new Supreme Court it appears. Those in public spotlight can be held to account like never before but, as always, there’s a darker side and not every claim made will be true. Plenty of malicious accusations can be made for whatever reason. Which makes it harder for those truly seeking justice and equally those trying to defend themselves from false allegations.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'm starting to think the whole of the entertainment scene has issues!! apart from Mick Jagger, he is very happy with his 22 year old new girlfriend.........Of course if Mick was a 74 year old ex bricklayer......the extremely attractive french 22 year old would still fancy him like mad.............. Oh and if anyone thinks I'm jealous of Mick..........Too ****ing right I am!! :lol: :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I haven't trusted Spacey since he pushed Zoe Barnes under a Washington DC metro train.
She died for being stupid. Didn't she even watch the original?

If I ever learn a serious secret that effect someone in power or could put someone away, the last thing I will ever do is say to someone 'I haven't told anyone about this' (ie, if I die my secret dies with me)'.

Yes, the double meaning is on purpose, you dumb ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here