[Misc] Kevin Sinfield & MND

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
1701868221856.png

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Would be nice if he could stick around in Brighton after the run and be presented to the crowd at half time but i'm guessing they'll want to be in London asap after the run getting as much recovery time in as possible before the final stage tomorrow.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Would be nice if he could stick around in Brighton after the run and be presented to the crowd at half time but i'm guessing they'll want to be in London asap after the run getting as much recovery time in as possible before the final stage tomorrow.
I asked Paul Hayward about that and he said the guys would all be off up to London pronto. It's a huge operation – I couldn't believe the amount of support staff and vehicles there are involved (including the Leeds Rhinos team bus, by the looks of it). They guy looked shattered, so he probably needs all the rest/sleep/recovery he can get.

It'd be nice to see him come down again for a PL match at the Amex. Maybe when we play Leed...

Oh. :lol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep. Thought I was reasonably fit but he managed the Leeds Marathon faster than me despite pushing a wheelchair! Was a pleasure to see them on the dog-leg bit though.
(including the Leeds Rhinos team bus, by the looks of it).:lol:
Usually to be seen parked just behind my house!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Paul Barber and Glenn Murray ran the final mile with him.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The bloke is something else.
Also a shout out to his support team. An ex work colleague of mine and now a successful business owner is part of the team. He runs with Kevin S on these challenges.I expect he does it for free and the challenge because thats the type of guy he is.

Also, it’s worth noting that James Milner and his wife have an annual charity event in the NW which has raised millions throughout the years. I was lucky enough to get invited once and it’s an incredibly well run event. He and Kevin S apparently good pals and it was good to see the clip of Milner supporting this event.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
When you look at the sad state of the world from famine/fighting/wars before you even mention the bitterness/hatred from some on Soc/Media in Kevin Sinfield restores a little bit of faith that there's still a few decent people out there.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Kevin Sinfield is running his 7th and final leg of his challenge in London today. He is running from Twickenham to The Mall.

Good luck to him and his team.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The bloke is something else.
Also a shout out to his support team. An ex work colleague of mine and now a successful business owner is part of the team. He runs with Kevin S on these challenges.I expect he does it for free and the challenge because thats the type of guy he is.

Also, it’s worth noting that James Milner and his wife have an annual charity event in the NW which has raised millions throughout the years. I was lucky enough to get invited once and it’s an incredibly well run event. He and Kevin S apparently good pals and it was good to see the clip of Milner supporting this event.
Hats off to your ex-work colleague :thumbsup:

The Milner connection is mentioned in KS's editon of the BHAFC podcast. It/Milner is one of the reasons Kevin chose to come to Brighton - the first time he'd done one of his challenges in the South, apparently.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
With Kevin’s exploits gaining so much attention it’s worth also remembering the courageous battle Rob Burrow is putting up in his fight against MND. I’m not sure I could be as bright as he is if I was in his position. Both Kevin and Rob are absolutely inspirational.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here