Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Nolan

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Massive Bellend, one of my most disliked players.

If he plays for your side though, hes one you end up loving I have no doubt.

Not sure we need him to be honest, I have planty of faith in Ince and JFC as quality cover if required in the central areas.

I don't, particularly JFC.

Then again, I thought KLL was going to be no more than a super sub but he's proved me wrong, so I'm open to anything at the moment.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
There's only 2 times I've seen completely OTT crowd goading for absolutely ZERO reason. Once was Nolan and once was Michael Keane (I think) after scoring for Grimsby against us in our relegation decider - totally bizarre and uncalled for - still annoys me when I think about it!

Hammond?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said on the other thread about him he could be the attacking midfielder we are missing give him a 1 yr contract. He may be a knob and unliked but a good a player at this level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said on the other thread about him he could be the attacking midfielder we are missing give him a 1 yr contract. He may be a knob and unliked but a good a player at this level.

...and a mere 33 years young.

Still young enough to do the job for 1 year.

The tabloids are all suggesting that he will be Big Sams first signing at Sunderland as he is free agent. The same man many on here said was not good enough for us

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The tabloids are all suggesting that he will be Big Sams first signing at Sunderland as he is free agent. The same man many on here said was not good enough for us

He'd not get into our first 11, and I'd fancy us to beat Sunderland right now.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Thing is BG we have several players in the twilight of their careers.

If we add to that number, then suddenly we might have quite a few need replacing all at once, costing money and also with the possibility of it going wrong.

Personally I feel that the club has it about right presently regarding the blend of young, medium and old-stagers experience wise.

We are looking considerably healthier than Sunderland right now, let's hope it remains like that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thing is BG we have several players in the twilight of their careers.

If we add to that number, then suddenly we might have quite a few need replacing all at once, costing money and also with the possibility of it going wrong.

Personally I feel that the club has it about right presently regarding the blend of young, medium and old-stagers experience wise.

We are looking considerably healthier than Sunderland right now, let's hope it remains like that.

Apart from Greer and Zamora, who else is in the twilight of their career?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Apart from Greer and Zamora, who else is in the twilight of their career?

Overall, I would suggest that Greer, Zamora, Bruno and Calde might not have too many seasons ahead in their prime. Reluctantly I would put a '?' after Crofts.....whilst a bit younger than the others mentioned there have been two bad injuries.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Overall, I would suggest that Greer, Zamora, Bruno and Calde might not have too many seasons ahead in their prime. Reluctantly I would put a '?' after Crofts.....whilst a bit younger than the others mentioned there have been two bad injuries.
All four will probably be gone next season regardless....Bruno is the only likely stayer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My view is that with Kayal and Stephens on 4 bookings he would have been far better cover than we have at the moment. Plus his experience and know how could be invaluable come Easter.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I'll give you Bruno as he is a first teamer but Calde is no more than back up. Crofts may well have, injury free, another three or four years which is obviously longer than his current contract.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My view is that with Kayal and Stephens on 4 bookings he would have been far better cover than we have at the moment. Plus his experience and know how could be invaluable come Easter.

Doubt Nolan would come to a 2nd tier club as 'cover' - at Champ level he'd want a start, and he wouldn't displace Stephens or Kayal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here