Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Kevin ‘Geordie’ Walker RIP

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Jeez, I'm genuinely shocked and saddened. One of my fave guitarists.

Totally original sound, a Master of sludgy riffs, often with sinister or doomy apocalyptic sound; criminally underrated.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There was a time when I went 6 months listening to nothing but Killing Joke. He was a guitar auteur. Creator of elegant soundscapes. RIP.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I last saw them last year in Newcastle, I took my youngest son who is a drummer and was getting into them and we stood right at the front on Geordie's side of the stage, mainly so that my son could get a good view of the drums. In the event, he spent the entire time mesmerised by how effortlessly Geordie created layers and layers of sound. It was amazing to watch and my son's reaction at the end of "Wow" was rather gratifying and I am so pleased he got to see them live as that will never happen again, something that makes me extremely sad. RIP.

20220405_221306.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Never really got into the whole Killing Joke thing. Not sure why as Love Like Blood is just a marvellous piece of work. Getting to an age now where it seems a weekly occurrence that someone famous/infamous/influential from my youth is popping off.

RIP Kevin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here