Oct 17, 2008
I had a steak and kiddly pie, but I sat on the bastard

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
ba68ed_0b1d6a4873724c37a79b13346d638ff2~mv2.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I quite like the flavour combo of a Pukka steak pie with some ketchup, not loads though.

As for the stadium pies, they are nice but with the new packaging(if a cardboard thong can be termed as packaging), a significant percentage of the contents often ends up on my lap/the floor
You definitely need ketchup to disguise the shortcomings of a Pukka Pie. They really are at the ' economy end ' of an extensive range out there.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
The secret with Piglets Pies is to eat them upside down (i.e. lid on the bottom, not while doing a handstand). Now the pastry lids are not a soggy (a benefit of the new packaging) the lid is more robust than the base and wider so eating them upside down greatly reduces the risk of spillage.
Thinking outside the box (or pie sleeve). I like it. This could be a game changer in the world of pie eating. Can't wait to try it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You might be able to answer this, I once saw on a Billy Connolly travel program in Oz him raving over a “pie floater”.

Seemed to be a pie, floating in a soup of gravy and it seemed to be the equivalent of a kebab after a pub night in the U.K.

Have you had one? Do Australians regularly have this after a night on the piss?

It looked bloody good, I have to say.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have an inexplicable, but genuine, physical response to tomato ketchup and can't eat it - even smelling it makes me gag. It's the only food this happens with and somehow tomatoes in any other form are fine and dandy. I'm normally OK seeing it at a non-smelling distance but a pie absolutely covered in it? Even picturing it in my mind is making me feel uncomfortable...so I'm with you, it would have ruined my first half as much as the football did too.
Are you sure you are not thinking of blood?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Way back when they released The Force Awakens at the Odean a few years ago and just after the pre film ads started playing in the semi darkness a family of underclass estate type shuffle in and plonk themselves a few seats along from me and the Mrs, Just as the Star Wars intro starts the mother reaches into her rucksack and extracts fish and chips for everyone, she then whispers loudly “anyone want ketchup and produces a bottle of Daddies that she’d obviously got from the chippy, the next ten minutes we were treated to the sauce bottle being bashed by their hands, one after the other,,
I'm quite liking the idea of chippy tea at the cinema.
In reality not really any more antisocial than when I took a girlfriend to the cinema with a serious selection of antipasti, a thermos of dirty martini and a slightly over chilled sancerre.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You might be able to answer this, I once saw on a Billy Connolly travel program in Oz him raving over a “pie floater”.

Seemed to be a pie, floating in a soup of gravy and it seemed to be the equivalent of a kebab after a pub night in the U.K.

Have you had one? Do Australians regularly have this after a night on the piss?

It looked bloody good, I have to say.

It's a South Australian thing. I had one once while over in Adelaide late at night.

It's an upside down beef pie sitting in Pea Soup.

Popular in SA for a late night feed but not so much in other states.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here