Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Its all about the money, as it has to be when carrying the level of debt that the club is.

The fact that even within that the club still puts itself out is a minor miracle, and yet, for some, its still not enough.

Glad we are agreed (largely). Still not sure how/when the club actually 'puts itself out' but I'm sure it's better than some and not as good as others in that respect.

shangambling1

Sep 28, 2011
Brighton
If you don't perform in your new role in a new job you get the boot... Everyones so far up the mans ass I don't remember these people singing his praises when we were all moaning at him at the Withdean... the guy clearly wants some attention and everyones on the wagon slagging off Barber, no one even knows what has happened yet. If Mayo really had the clubs best interest at heart why would he kick up a fuss hours before a massive fixture for the club. I see Ian Chapman at every home game with his season ticket in the lower West. Don't see him moaning that the club haven't honoured him, given him a 1901 spot, made him a host? atleast Mayo had or has a banner of him out side the stadium.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So basically, he was probably told that at the end of the standard season, his services will no longer be required?

This appears to boils down to "WHAT?! I won't get a free ticket??!"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kerry Mayo is a top man and a true Albion legend.

I have no idea about the facts, but sometimes things in life piss you right off. Many people use social media to vent. I've had to stop myself on many an occasion from doing so and I'm sure many of you have.

Let's not all start slating one of the longest serving, loyal, nicest blokes ever to play for the Albion just because of a couple of tweets.
By the same token lets not all start slating the club just because it made a decision one person didn't like.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Mountain-out-of-molehill.jpg

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
From personal experience I can say the Albion are forgetting where they are from and in the dash for cash are trampling over people who were there before the Amex was a hole in the ground. If you pee off the diehards then when things turn against you then you better make sure the JCL's are going to stick around and put their hands in their pockets otherwise you aren't going to have much of a club left.

It's a shame that the Albion now treat people like this and have become at times as unlikeable as any big premier club, maybe that is what is meant by Premier League ready ?

The problem with this thread is that, while some people, as above, are talking in general terms about the spirit of the Albion, including the way it treats its staff, customers and suppliers, about how it communicates with them, deals with them, rewards them and, if it has to, dismisses them, others - most - are talking about the specifics of the Kerry Mayo case, which is a bit of a problem because no one really knows the facts.

Easy 10 was absolutely right to say that people are blowing the single and slightly sad case of Kerry Mayo out of proportion. But Ernest has raised the vastly more important general issue of the Albion's whole management approach.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Some of them (Michel Kuipers especially) take the job very seriously , interact, offer opion and insight , and generally perform the role of a genial host.

Some, it might be considered by others just sit and drink with their mates in the corner !!

......and pocket free tickets! :lolol: :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let's not all start slating one of the longest serving, loyal, nicest blokes ever to play for the Albion just because of a couple of tweets.

And, by the same token then, let's not start slating the Albion for exactly the same reason...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oct 25, 2003
I reserve the title 'legend' for our best ever players- players who really stood out as clearly being a cut above the rest. Mayo is clearly not in that category and should see any form of employment by the club as a bonus. I'm not convinced that the club really owes anyone a living for life and the club certainly doesn't owe anyone free tickets for the rest of eternity. I'm a fan, I'm 'brighton born and bred' and 'bleed blue and white' and all that nonsense....can I have a job for life?

if you love the club so much- buy a ticket every now and again

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like Kerry Mayo, I really do. Great one club man, through and through, but ultimately the club gave him a role for three years and for whatever reason they have decided they no longer want to give him that role.

For my part I think the hosts in the lounges are a total waste of time, but then I didn't join 1901 for any of that, just the better seat and the nearer parking for my dad.

I can understand why he might feel aggrieved, but can also understand why the club may have decided they didn't want him anymore.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bloody hell, just seen the retweets! (turned mine off). Ok, replace "a couple" with "an entire night of".

Not forgetting his previous 'hilarious' tweets about Brighton signing players ( which was actually on his computer game ).

Some people just need to leave twitter well alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here