Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KERRY MAYO TESTIMONIAL DOG NIGHT : Next Tuesday

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
ONLY 48 HOURS LEFT TO BOOK YOUR TICKETS -- DINING SPACES ARE NOW CLOSED BUT £10 TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE - AND ALSO RACE SPONSORSHIP

Just a little reminder that next Tuesday (February 28th), Coral Greyhound Stadium in Hove is the venue for the next event in Kerry Mayo's Testimonial Year

Come along and support The Ginger Prince who is once again battling his way back into the first team with some great performances, including at the weekend against Watford.

Although entrance will be available on the night, it has to be stressed that Kerry will not receive anything from any entrance fee paid on the night - not a penny, so if you are planning on coming along, please consider one of the alternate options.

For £10 you get the following :

* Entrance to the Stadium
* Race Card
* Free Testimonial Brochure (which can be signed by Kerry on the night)
* Your name listed in the racecard as the sponsor of a dog in one race

If your sponsored dog wins it's race you will be presented with a bottle of bubbly by one of the Albion first team squad.

If you come as a group and buy 6 tickets, we can either put you all in the same race (guaranteeing your party a bottle of bubbly) or we can put you in separate races (giving you the potential opportunity to win SIX Bottles!)

There are also race sponsorship opportunities available at £250 +vat per race - and we will put together a great publicity package for your company, including trackside banners, public address announcements, and close circuit TV Screen broadcasts.

For more information on Race Sponsorship :
Contact Steve Gibbon
Call: 07718522814 or 01273 223813
Email: steve.gibbon@coral.co.uk

Credit Card Payments Accepted

To book the £10 package :
Either Contact Steve as above, or you can make a PAYPAL payment to Ferret@seagulls.org.uk. Please provide full details within the PayPal text of what name(s) you wish the dog sponsorships to be in.

Tickets will be available to collect on the gate, on the night. Stadium opens 6:30pm - First Race 7:30pm - Last race 10:30 pm

There will also be a raffle and a silent auction with some really great prizes to be won.

And please remember that Kerry will not receive anything from any entrance fee paid on the night - not a penny

Advance booking will close at 6pm on Sunday evening (as the racecard containing sponsor's names needs to be printed on Monday morning)

If you want any more information just post your questions here and I will

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How many races are there?

Sounds like the dog sponsorships should sell out in no time at all - or is Kerry only expecting a handful of people to turn up?

Would love to come along, but it clashes with the footy at Portslade (that I don't go to either!).

Seriously, though, I will check my diary and try to find a way to come along, as a night at the dogs is usually fun, even though I'm even worse at picking winners than with horses.

Last edited:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
sully said:
How many races are there?

Sounds like the dog sponsorships should sell out in no time at all - or is Kerry only expecting a handful of people to turn up?

Would love to come along, but it clashes with the footy at Portslade (that I don't go to either!).

Seriously, though, I will check my diary and try to find a way to come along, as a night at the dogs is usually fun, even though I'm even worse at picking winners than with horses.

1: There are 12 races ... 6 dogs in each race ... 72 dogs per evening

2: More than one person can sponsor the same dog .. for a lot of Charity race nights each dog can have as many as five sponsors - ALL Sponsors of a dog will receive a bottle of bubbly EACH if that dog wins, presented by Kerry or another member of the first team squad

3: You will not be able to buy Dog sponsorships on the night.

4: There are likely to be 800 - 1000 punters present (Kerry supporters & normal dog night attendees), but Kerry only benefits from those who buy tickets in advance.

5: I take a six-sided dice along - usually quite successful that way. Certainly seem to average more than the two winners per night that statistically you should average .... and oftern at huge odds as well :)

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Just booked a table of 6 and a table of 4.

Kerry has been a loyal servant to the club, so come on everyone make an effort!

Mr Blobby

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
WHOs GOING then NSC?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm in!

Should be a good night. Shame Kerry won't make a penny out of my losing bets as well or he'd be minted at the end of the evening!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thimble Keegan said:
Can I just turn up and pay on the gate?

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Try reading from the beginning of the thread........

"Although entrance will be available on the night, it has to be stressed that Kerry will not receive anything from any entrance fee paid on the night - not a penny, so if you are planning on coming along, please consider one of the alternate options."

:nono:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
OK - Too Late for advance purchases now

So please if you come along on the night - maybe you can buy a raffle ticket or two, or, if you haven't already got one, buy a copy of the testimonial brochure.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
sully said:
Try reading from the beginning of the thread........

"Although entrance will be available on the night, it has to be stressed that Kerry will not receive anything from any entrance fee paid on the night - not a penny, so if you are planning on coming along, please consider one of the alternate options."

:nono:

That will teach me to not read it through properly.

Seeing as my entrance fee will not be going to Kerry is there any donation I can make to his Testimonia Fund (if there is one)?

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Robert Lester Zamora said:
OK - Too Late for advance purchases now

So please if you come along on the night - maybe you can buy a raffle ticket or two, or, if you haven't already got one, buy a copy of the testimonial brochure.

I will buy raffle tickets anyway and got a brochure at the fans forum in Worthing, but as I asked above is there any Testimonial Fund I can donate to?

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ferret, am I in? I didn't receive an acknowledgement to my email to Steve Gibbon. Copied it to you this morning.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Sully - PM sent

Thimble - You can donate at any time in one of the following ways ...

By Cheque (made payable to the "Kerry Mayo Testimonial Fund" and sent to

Kerry Mayo Testimonial Fund
New Sussex House
Fishersgate Terrace
Portslade
West Sussex BN41 1PH

By Paypal (e-mail address to pay is Ferret@seagulls.org.uk)

Cheques are preferable because of PayPal processing costs but obviously PayPal makes Credit Card payments possible (which is why we offer it as an option).

By Buying Extra Raffle Tickets at events!!!

Tomorrow night's prizes include :-

Handheld GPS Satellite Navigation Device (donated by Chris Huet)
Signed Albion First Team Shirt (donated by the Club)
Meal for four at Donatello's (donated by Donatello's)
DVD Recorder (donated by the Testimonial Committee)
Two Tickets to the Testimonial Match (donated by Kerry Mayo!)
Four Bottles of Bubbly (donated by Corals)

By Buying Extra Testimonial Brochures at events!!!

Has your dad/brother/uncle/nephew/cousin/daughter got a signed one?? !!

By Bidding in the Auctions

Tomorrow night we have

Signed Viv Richards Cricket Book
Signed Bobby Zamora Framed West Ham Shirt (donated by Bobby)
Signed Teddy Sheringham Framed West Ham Shirt (donated by Bobby)
Signed Celtic Framed First Team Shirt (donated by Virgs)
Signed Manchester United Football (donated by Paul McShane)
Signed Hereford Montage (signed by both goalscorers - Robbie Reinelt/Kerry Mayo)

future events will include ...

Signed/Framed PELE Brazil Shirt
Signed/Framed Gareth Barry Aston Villa Shirt
Signed/Framed Dan Harding Leeds United Shirt
Signed/Framed Darren Currie Ipswich Shirt
Signed Wigan Athletic shirt from their Promotion season last year

Many Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here