Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kent vs Sussex

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I doubt it. The Albion wouldn't allow it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What a MAN that little bearded chap is - what's Kent's lead now? My maths is shit.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Let's try it again.

124-5(6)

Basically 76-5(6)

Time for another wicket.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Man of Harveys said:
What a MAN that little bearded chap is - what's Kent's lead now? My maths is shit.

they are effectively 76-6 [assuming no Henderson]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FalmerforAll!** said:
Er can someone explain to me the whole 5 (4) thing??

Yasir arafat broke Hendersons toe in the first inninngs and he is apparently out of the game.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
hans kraay fan club said:
Yasir arafat broke Hendersons toe in the first inninngs and he is apparently out of the game.
That's terrible :clap2: :clap2: :bounce:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nice!

What injury subbing be out of the question for cricket, or would that just lead to cheating?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kinky Gerbils said:
Nice!

What injury subbing be out of the question for cricket, or would that just lead to cheating?

Because of the two-facetted aspect of the game, it can't really work. Henderson is primarily a bowler. If he gets 'injured' towards the end of their time in the field the would replace him with a better batsman.

Even if you said it had to be 'like for like' [which is problematic anyway as that wiould be purely subjective] then you could still pull a bowler out 'injured' to replace him with a different type of bowler if you had mis-read the conditions.

Its only a broken toe anyway. He should just grit his teeth like a man and get on with it. He's only got to stand there and wave the bat around.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
BarrelofFun said:
It would probably lead to cheating. Any non-English nation cannot be trusted. :angel:
Quite right sir
22ather.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Everest said:
Let's try it again.

124-5(6)

Basically 76-5(6)

Time for another wicket.

Your luck seems to have run out, so I'll have a go.

144-5 [6]

Time for a wicket.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
hans kraay fan club said:
Because of the two-facetted aspect of the game, it can't really work. Henderson is primarily a bowler. If he gets 'injured' towards the end of their time in the field the would replace him with a better batsman.

Even if you said it had to be 'like for like' [which is problematic anyway as that wiould be purely subjective] then you could still pull a bowler out 'injured' to replace him with a different type of bowler if you had mis-read the conditions.

Its only a broken toe anyway. He should just grit his teeth like a man and get on with it. He's only got to stand there and wave the bat around.

Much what I thought.

Cicket can get rather bent (Rather like redknapp! ):p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here