Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ken Livingstone.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
78yo former ex-mayor of London Ken Livingstone diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Politically not for everyone, but conviction politician and for me often seen using public transport across the city selling what he believed in. Pity that the current incumbent in city couldn't take a leaf out of Ken's book. Best wishes to Ken's family and friends.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
78yo former ex-mayor of London Ken Livingstone diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Politically not for everyone, but conviction politician and for me often seen using public transport across the city selling what he believed in. Pity that the current incumbent in city couldn't take a leaf out of Ken's book. Best wishes to Ken's family and friends.
Seconded.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Regardless of what you think of him and his politics, it's a horrible, horrible illness both for him and his family to deal with and I can only wish them all the best

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Regardless of what you think of him and his politics, it's a horrible, horrible illness both for him and his family to deal with and I can only wish them all the best
100% agree.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well said.

The deterioration is unbearable for family members.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Unfortunately imploded at the end and had to go (like most politicians do), but was clearly very very clearly the best London Mayor in its short history.

Everyone since has been treading water or using it a spring board.

Ken has been the only one who really understands public transport and its importance to the London economy...

.. although it did annoy me he turned Trafalgar Square into an advertising space.

However history judges his political career, his successes and mistakes, Londoners will judge him very well.

His first term was a benchmark that none of his successors have got anywhere near, their claimed improvements simply building on things put in place by Ken.

Best wishes to Ken and his family. Look after him like he looked after us.

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Unfortunately imploded at the end and had to go (like most politicians do), but was clearly very very clearly the best London Mayor in its short history.

Everyone since has been treading water or using it a spring board.

Ken has been the only one who really understands public transport and its importance to the London economy...

.. although it did annoy me he turned Trafalgar Square into an advertising space.

However history judges his political career, his successes and mistakes, Londoners will judge him very well.

His first term was a benchmark that none of his successors have got anywhere near, their claimed improvements simply building on things put in place by Ken.

Best wishes to Ken and his family. Look after him like he looked after us.
Completely agree. Many of his global views are quite hideous but he was a great mayor and those after him have been dreadful. He’s been great for London right back to GLC days. My dad was diagnosed with the same illness this week, it’s horrible. Best wishes to him and his family.

• Sad
Reactions: A1X

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Completely agree. Many of his global views are quite hideous but he was a great mayor and those after him have been dreadful. He’s been great for London right back to GLC days. My dad was diagnosed with the same illness this week, it’s horrible. Best wishes to him and his family.
Best wishes to you, your Dad and your family.

Reactions: A1X

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
His politics certainly weren't for me but he's a good character and I've always liked him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here