Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kemy has got himself fit

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I have just read in the Argus that Kemy has worked hard in recent weeks to lose weight and generally become fitter for action. Whilst this is obviously praiseworthy, and I genuinely hope that he can help the team and at the same time have personal fulfilment, I was somewhat surprised and a little disappointed to read this. He, as with any other Championship player, is paid very well to keep up a standard of fitness so that he can slot into the team when needed. Of course, if he wasn't playing at Swansea, then this would understandably have been de-motivating, and tempting to train not so hard, but that is not really the point. He says he has lost weight, which is good, but surely that weight should never have been there to lose! I am not talking about the period after the last recent injury, but really the whole time he has been here.
I know that I am an old'un and you may think that I am being very old-fashioned, but I just think that if you take the dosh and want the status and adulation, then with that comes the responsibility.

He is a human being the same as all of us and no doubt has faults and weaknesses as we all do. So his motivation, focus etc slipped and he put on some weight. The important thing is that he has taken stock, lost the weight and got himself fit. Good for him and good for the team. Think he will do well for us.

Jimmy Grimble

Imagine a midfield of Kemy, Bridcutt, Ince and Lua Lua. Would that be the blackest midfield the Albion have ever fielded?

I for one would bloody to love to see those four in a makeshift diamond formation.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Adam looks to have lost weight as well. Looking very lean warming up the other night.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
People need to be careful not to confuse weight with fat. I would imagine if I were a professional footballer not playing games I would be in the gym more. Muscle when built up could be a limiting factor on a football pitch.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I thought he looked huge on Tuesday night. In American football parlance he looked like a fullback.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is what I would like to see, plus Kaz/Buckley and 2 strikers.

I'd like:
Ince ---------------- Bridcutt
Agustein
Buckley/Barnes----------------------Orlandi
Ulloa
with three of Buckley/Barnes, KLL, Crofts and CMS to come on as subs. Still think we need to work on our defence in the mid- to long-term, but for this season it pretty much picks itself, except at RB where it's not so clear to me who to pick (maybe even Upson's partner at CB is not so clear either)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here