Kemy Agustien

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yep slow start but looked better and better as the game went on. Liked the look of young ince as well, a real big lad hopefully one for the near future.

This.... and... This

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I cant remember when I last saw a player as clumsy as Ince. He was effective, but a long way off the first team I would think and can understand why Chelsea let him go.

Ince had a very good half. BG, what are you on?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just because he looks clumsy, doesn't mean he is, I thought he looked like a young Vieira in stature and manner. He gave the ball away a lot less than Bridcutt last night and despite how he looked, was tidy in possession and really didn't put a foot wrong. H

This.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'll tell you a player that always looks clumsy to me, Luis Suarez. Don't get me wrong he is a phenomenal talent but some times he's running along and appears to have completely lost control of the ball to the point it looks like he's going to fall straight over the top of the ball, and then he nutmegs someone and lashes the ball into the net. Very awkward looking player, but amazing.

Agreed. Suarez benefits from his slight build and low centre of gravity that enables him to recover from situations where most players would lose balance or be wrong footed. It looks awkward but adds an unpredictable edge to his game that makes defending a nightmare. He then has the skill to take advantage of the half yard or split second gained.

Peter Ward was very similar, but maybe not up against top quality defenders like Suarez - but often looked like he would fall over any minute but somehow retained control of the ball even on the horrendous pitches he had to contend with. He was near unplayable on frozen pitches. OK there is also an element of luck but in their cases it happened too often, so must be a great attribute. Coupled with an eye for that near impossible half chance that somehow they seem to slot home, yet hardly make great contact with the ball.

In his cameo appearances Vicente had similar balance and eye for the killer pass.

I'm a fan of CMS but he doesn't have the same gift and doesn't seem to retain control of that 50/50 ball.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I admire your persistence and you are, of course, correct. I can't understand why it is taking us so long (now we have the Welsh FA absurd hurdle out of the way) TBH.

I don't know. I am simply guessing, but would the Welsh FA send their ok to us, then we have to send proof of it (i.e. a copy) to the English FA or just had to wait for their ok before we can register him?

Agestein seems clearly the Hammond replacement, rather than an attcking midfielder playmaker like Vicente or Stephen Ireland that we also need (that type of player I mean).

Agreed that Ince looked decent and much better than Bridcutt's error-strewn passing display

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Agestein seems clearly the Hammond replacement, rather than an attcking midfielder playmaker like Vicente or Stephen Ireland

On the contrary, while I think he can play the Hammond role very well he looked just as sharp going forward, a box to box midfielder would be a good description.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I admire your persistence and you are, of course, correct. I can't understand why it is taking us so long (now we have the Welsh FA absurd hurdle out of the way) TBH.

Looking at the fiasco with the special buses and the new caterers, it seems the administration at the club has gone rapidly downhill along with their communication skills. Maybe they shouldn't have made 18 people redundant recently.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't know. I am simply guessing, but would the Welsh FA send their ok to us, then we have to send proof of it (i.e. a copy) to the English FA or just had to wait for their ok before we can register him?

Sounds about right. More red tape.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looking at the fiasco with the special buses and the new caterers, it seems the administration at the club has gone rapidly downhill along with their communication skills. Maybe they shouldn't have made 18 people redundant recently.

It might simply be the lack of a physical document that is required before they can submit the International clearance form for an incoming player to the FA. The FAW may have given the clearance but until it turns up in the post it cannot be progressed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Chance for a dig!? Nice. I doubt the player registration guy got the heave-ho TBH.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ince had a very good half. BG, what are you on?

It is all about personal opinions. I laughed every time he got the ball as he looked so comical trying to control it and actually stay on his feet. I would hope that he gets nowhere near the first team for some months to come until he can do the basics properly but then again OG is about coaching young players so perhaps he will maker a player out of him

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It is all about personal opinions. I laughed every time he got the ball as he looked so comical trying to control it and actually stay on his feet. I would hope that he gets nowhere near the first team for some months to come until he can do the basics properly but then again OG is about coaching young players so perhaps he will maker a player out of him

Well, I disagree about his performance. Whether he hits the first team squad or not quickly; who knows? Just my opinion, and it seems I'm not alone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Chance for a dig!? Nice. I doubt the player registration guy got the heave-ho TBH.

Just observation, and this from someone who was thought on Nsc never to say a word against the club. Who is the player registration guy?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Probably Derek Allen the club secretary who has been for some years so would know all the in and outs of player transfer and registration.

And is still in place, I believe. Wasn't he in the KA signing picture?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
kemy agustien ‏@KemyAgustien 5m
Finally International clearance. Wish swansea players all the best tonight. They've more then friends for me. Wish them all the best tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports