Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kell Brook

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Golovkin looked a bit drained at the press conference yesterday. I've heard plenty of rumours that he has been struggling in camp, possibly suffering an illness.

If you are thinking of puting money on Brook, do it before the weigh in as if GGG looks bad Brooks price will drop.

Is that a subliminal message?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I read in the papers Golovkin wants to unify all of the titles but he said he isnt the best in the world as his twin brother is better than him.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I read in the papers Golovkin wants to unify all of the titles but he said he isnt the best in the world as his twin brother is better than him.

his twin brother who stopped boxing 12 years ago?

He was thought to be the better prospect of the two, but their parents decided it would be Gennady who went to the Olympics (as he was 15 minutes older!) in 2004. Max Golovkin then stopped boxing.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Kell seems to be taking the weight well. Looks big and lean. Unlike Khan when he moved up. From what i hear Kell normally comes into the ring 160+ on fight night anyway so would expect him to hydrate to 170/175 after friday's 160 limit.

The problem he has is that he is facing Golovkin. A monster at middleweight. Kell certainly has the Boxing ability to be Golovkin's toughest test yet but we do not know how he takes a punch against an average middleweight yet, let alone GGG.

Hope he can pull it off.

I fink they are having a final weigh in on the day off fight with agreed weight limit that they can't exceed..

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I fink they are having a final weigh in on the day off fight with agreed weight limit that they can't exceed..

A check weight. Pretty normal procedure. Normally a re-hydration clause agreed in the contract.

Will probably be a 10 pound limit for tomorrow morning. Then after that they can put on what they want.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I once had to sweat it out to make Light Welter at 10am weigh in and was then given steak and locked in the guardroom to sleep until the evening. It didnt work as my arms felt like lead and I lost but sports science wasnt as advanced back in 1961.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
I once had to sweat it out to make Light Welter at 10am weigh in and was then given steak and locked in the guardroom to sleep until the evening. It didnt work as my arms felt like lead and I lost but sports science wasn't as advanced back in 1961.

Did you box locally at Hove Town Hall that year in 1961 in the Southern ABA's? Just curious as my old man boxed around that time.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I shall look later when I get home as I have a much more pressing engagement at 3pm. I assume it will be quite late 10 or 11pm.

I doubt the Kell Brook fight will start much before 11pm as there are plenty of fights on

LIVE on SkySports Box Office - 18:10

CONOR BENN VS JOE DUCKER
4 x 3 mins Super-Lightweight contest
Followed by

PAUL SMITH VS DANIEL REGI
8 x 3 mins Super-Middleweight contest
Followed by

MARTIN J WARD VS ANDY TOWNEND
12 x 3 mins British Super-Featherweight Championship
Followed by

JOHNRIEL CASIMERO VS CHARLIE EDWARDS
12 x 3 mins IBF Flyweight World Championship
Followed by

CALLUM SMITH VS NORBERT NEMESAPATI
12 x 3 mins WBC Silver Super Middleweight Championship
Followed by

LEE HASKINS VS STUART HALL
12 x 3 mins IBF Bantamweight World Championship
Followed by

GENNADY GOLOVKIN VS KELL BROOK
12 x 3 mins WBC, IBF & IBO Middleweight World Championship Titles

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I once had to sweat it out to make Light Welter at 10am weigh in and was then given steak and locked in the guardroom to sleep until the evening. It didnt work as my arms felt like lead and I lost but sports science wasnt as advanced back in 1961.

This is different though, they are re-hydrating to a maximum of 10lbs above their official weigh in of 160 yesterday. That was a 9am this morning, Brook came in at 168.0lbs, GGG 167.8lbs. They will continue to re-hydrate today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I struggled to make the 147lb limit in fact at 830am I was 1lb over the weight completely naked so it was a mass sweat to loose that 1lb and made it with ounces or so to spare but it was wrong because it drained me..

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Knowing nothing, which fights are going to be worth a look other than the main event? We have a child free night so it's already going down like a lead balloon that I want to watch it...... :)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd love Brook to win but I just can't see how he will. I'm confident he'll put up a good show but ultimately he's never fought at middleweight and he's taken on an absolute beast at the weight. Golovkin looks freakishly strong and powerful, puts a lot of pressure on his opponents and is hard to hit cleanly. Golovkin to win in R8.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Knowing nothing, which fights are going to be worth a look other than the main event? We have a child free night so it's already going down like a lead balloon that I want to watch it...... :)

None IMO. The Hall vs Haskins fight might be ok but Haskins tends to be involved in snooze fests with his ultra awkward and defensive style.

The rest of the card is one sided mis matches. The main event is so big the undercard was always going to be turd unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here