Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Stroud

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was wound up by a few bits of the ref display.

1. Played advantage and then it was a good two seconds later he lost the ball in a tackle unrelated to the foul. This is not rugby.
2. As soon as a couple of Newcastle players were booked for mouthing off he was always going to book the next Brighton player to commit a foul. He did.
3. Knockaert was booked for kicking ball away. This is fine. Two mins later shelvey did exactly the same thing but as he was on a yellow he got a warning. Colback also let the ball go out for goal kick and as soon as the ball crossed the line he booted it miles. Again why not a booking?
4. Both teams were theatrical. He needed to get on top of it.

None of the above means I don't think the best team won.

Agree - that was completely inconsistent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you are on a yellow, you surely act differently than if you aren't. If Murray had done it, we'd still have had 11 on the pitch.

I've just seen it again now and yes the keeper kick Baldock, but it is not a 'gentleman's sport', every team is going to try and take advantage. Baldock was brainless IMO.

Go on, you're nearly there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:)

Don't kid yourself. As per my first post on this subject, as soon as he made the challenge and made any sort of contact, he made the ref make a decision. Still unnecessary.

It wasn't a foul. The keeper kicked him. The Football League Show has also just said this.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It wasn't a foul. The keeper kicked him. The Football League Show has also just said this.

Yes - I agree. But why put yourself in that position? It's just the way football is. I've seen our players do this type of thing as well - Skalak went down on numerous occasions today.

Going round in circles - have a good evening @Thunder_Bolt :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I was wound up by a few bits of the ref display.

1. Played advantage and then it was a good two seconds later he lost the ball in a tackle unrelated to the foul. This is not rugby.
2. As soon as a couple of Newcastle players were booked for mouthing off he was always going to book the next Brighton player to commit a foul. He did.
3. Knockaert was booked for kicking ball away. This is fine. Two mins later shelvey did exactly the same thing but as he was on a yellow he got a warning. Colback also let the ball go out for goal kick and as soon as the ball crossed the line he booted it miles. Again why not a booking?
4. Both teams were theatrical. He needed to get on top of it.

None of the above means I don't think the best team won.

If I could be ****ed I could probably add another 4 to that list. Predictably shocking officiating.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was a yellow card offence. Bit harsh as no real intent, but SB deliberately put himself in a position where contact was inevitable.

Anyone arguing that Sels was to blame is pretty much Agreeing with Dean on the Stephens / Ramirez decision.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would not o many instant tv replays but the way players are diving about ref are making wrong game changing decision and it can be very unfair to fans. Is it time to go upstairs to a fourth official. We have the technology.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would not o many instant tv replays but the way players are diving about ref are making wrong game changing decision and it can be very unfair to fans. Is it time to go upstairs to a fourth official. We have the technology.

That is too simple a solution to use refs who have gone past the levels of fitness required to run around as a ref. It works in virtually every other sport

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

No thanks. And we can all have an ad break on the big screen while the players sit around having a cuppa? Absolute killer in my book.

Football is not a stop/start game like cricket or rugby.

The best team won yesterday... all the rest is just noise.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Sels ran out, kicked the ball and got flattened. Baldock ran into a player when the ball was long gone. Pretty obvious who did the wrong thing and not a very hard decision for the ref.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We would all be first to jump on a ref who makes one or more bad decisions that end up affecting the fair outcome of the game.

Keith Stroud actually had a good game, some of it was marginal, and there was some play acting. But he got almost all of it spot on, in a physical game. I don't think he cost us this game, not for one minute. We lost this one ourselves, without his help. We had a slow start, we failed to defend set pieces, we weren't on the same pace as them moving the ball, they were very physical, we were unlucky with a couple of chances. Result of all that, shit happens, we lost. It was not the refs fault.

We move on, and fight again, and learn from that experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here